WnSoft Forums

time limited usage not working

joshhighley

I'm using an unregistered version 4.10 that I just downloaded. It says it is fully functional (besides the 10 slide limit). I'm trying to use the time limited usage function but it doesn't seem to be working. I open Project Options, check the checkbox for "Enable time limited usage", set the date, and then click 'OK'. When I re-open Project Options, the checkbox is unchecked. If I set the date to a previous date, the time limit function doesn't work. Past dates, future dates...the checkbox never stays checked. How is this function supposed to work?

Thanks,

Josh

Welcome, Josh

I havent used the TIME LIMIT settings in quite some time ... but apparently you are correct about this issue, as I have just tested it.

Previous versions using this feature worked as intended and rather well.

Since PTE has been going thru alot of tweaking and updates recently ... somehow this feature is now not properly enabled to function correctly in this latest v4.10.

Im sure Igor will fix this issue once he's aware of it.

Thanks

Leif,

Thats strange indeed. If I open/ save the .pte or create an exe in v4.10 ... the TIME LIMIT does not work or save correctly. The checkbox and edit box accept the input ... but dont retain these settings when saved or compiled.

If I open the same .pte file in previous v4.01 ... it functions as it should.

Maybe it just a W98 or specific OS thing.

I'm sorry! Because it was my careless mistake, as I just checked up.

You couldn't turn on the time limited usage option in newly created presentations only. Just changing of this checkbox was ignored when you clicked "OK" button in the Project options.

Really 5-minute simplest fix.

Please download this corrected version 4.11:

http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/apr.zip