WnSoft Forums

Timing spinners in main window of 5.6 don't seem to work

Ed Overstreet

I probably am going to feel silly when I get the answer to this question, but for the life of me I can't find an answer in the user guide nor figure this out on my own, so here goes :blink:

In the main window of PTE 5.6 in the Timeline View, to the immediate right of the Timed Points button (which is just above the timeline) there is a box showing the start-time of the current transition point highlighted in the timeline. Next to that box is a pair of up/down "spinner" arrows. I had thought/hoped that, once I have highlighted a transition point on the timeline, I could fine-tune the start-time by clicking one of these arrows. But when I highlight a transition point and click either arrow, nothing happens. The transition point doesn't budge, nor does the time displayed in the window change at all.

How can I get these "spinner" arrows to work? (Sorry if that's not the "proper" name for them, but that's the best my vocabulary can come up with this afternoon :rolleyes:)

Xaver,

Thanks for that snippet of info. I didn't know that! (Proof once more, that we can learn something new every day) So you see, Ed, there's no need to feel silly. You're not alone in being thick as two short planks - in fact you're in very select company!!! :D

regards,

Peter

AHA! Or EUREKA! Or whatever :o:o

Thanks very much Xaver! Boy there are all sorts of neat little touches Igor has packed into this software. Now my only quibble is why isn't this written up somewhere in the user guide? (or maybe it is and I'm blind as a bat, which actually I am without my specs) I think I know the answer to that, writing user guides is a thankless and huge job, as I'm sure Lin and Jeff Evans can tell us in great detail <_<

I have to say that the more I work with PTE, and especially after a few months ago when I downloaded the trial version of Pro Show Gold to check out how it handles that SX50 panorama mess, then ran screaming from my computer room after two hours of struggling with the PSG interface, the more impressed I am with PTE (and the less I'm even remotely interested in switching to the competition) ;)

Hi Ed,

Highlight the minutes, seconds or seconds*(1/1000) with your mouse. Then, something should happen when clicking the arrows!

Regards,

Xaver

Thanks so much Ed for raising this question, thanks also to Xaver for the answer, I along with Peter have learnt something new, once again thanks to all.

Ralph