WnSoft Forums

Beamish

We visited the Beamish Museum recently and I loved it. A candy shop for a photographer.

I came back with so many images. I tried not to get carried away.

Details:

13.2 meg

4:36secs

35 Slides [image size 1400 x 933]

BG Image - 3000 x 2000

Any advice/comments be they good or bad is most welcome and gratefully recieved.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?nwy4wqnjodt

Hi Andrew,

I've watched your sequence several times and am very impressed. The photography is excellent and the presentation style is sympathetic to the subject matter. I have just one concern with the show. Quite early on you have a slide which you then repeat in an out-of-focus style and then superimpose two other images on it. Later in the show you use the same technique. My concern is with the first occurence. As you fade the main image from the sharp copy to the blurred copy I felt as though my eyesight was failing. You don't need to show the blurred slide on its own. Just go straight from the sharply focussed main image to the "two up on the blurred image" - it will be less trying on the viewers eyes. You got it right when you used it the second time around.

Final point on the music: what was it? I know my classical repertoire pretty well but this one is eluding me - even though I know I have heard it before.

By a strange coincidence, I'm part way through my own project to build a sequence about Beamish and have had a great deal of inspiration from your show.

Thanks for a wonderful sequence!

regards,

Peter

Hi Andrew

When it comes to borders there is not a one size fits all and felt that your border competed with the photographs a little, especially when you're trying to capture a sense of the past.

I think the composite images could have been helped along with a drop shadow, and a little more on screen time, as there was a lot to take in.

Saying that, overall a very good slide show, nice sequence of images, good impact. Keeping the sequence in full colour worked well, and the indoor shots were nice a bright, but not burnt out. The choice of music was spot on, as was the length of show. Thanks for sharing it with us.

I have a soft spot for living museums, so more looking forward to seeing more.

As Peter and Morturn said, it's a nice slideshow.

Here are some minor details you could easily fix :

- hide cursor during show

- make the same size of black border for all your pictures (minor difference from one to another)

Personaly, I think your gray background with black border is not the most appropriate for your pictures but it's only my taste.

I think you made the same post treatment in a photo editor for all your photos.

For my taste once again, the contrast is too important and doesn't look natural to me.

At the opposite, I'm wondering if desaturated image could work for your show or may be a complete vintage look (see images attached)

post-2148-1241455054_thumb.jpg

post-2148-1241455062_thumb.jpg

post-2148-1241456139_thumb.jpg