WnSoft Forums

Rectangle size

stonemason

Is there any way of making a rectangle of specific length and width and with rounded corners in the objects and animations window. For example a rectangle of say 200 x 50 pixels with rounded corners. The reason for this is to use a semi transparent background for text.

Geoff

Hi Geoff,

There may be, depending on exactly how you want to use this. If you could explain in a bit more detail perhaps I could make a suggestion.

You can use version 6 beta and create a rectangular mask of a specific dimension with a specific radius on the corner. Then add a rectangle to the mask and add text to the rectangle. Or you could go to Photoshop, etc., and create a rectangle of a specific size and color, paste it on a transparency and use the rectangular marquee with a pre-set feather of a few pixels then erase only the corners which would leave you with a rounded corner rectangle which you could control the transparency of by using the eraser at less than 100%....

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Lin

What I want is a background box which is semi transparent that I can sit text in which gives picture title, photographers name, and any award it may have won. Because the text will vary in length but not depth I need the box scaleable in one direction only ie lengthwise. I usually do this in photoshop, creating a copy slide with the title on. I am trying to do it all in PTE because the sequence for each image is picture > picture with title > picture > next image and so on. Using the photoshop method this involves two copies of each image, and because each slideshow consists of around 80 images there is quite a size overhead. Being able to do it all in PTE would reduce the size of the slideshows by some margin. Hope this all makes sense to you.

regards

Geoff

Geoff,

I think what you require is achievable in PTE.

Add a rectangle in O&A and change its colour to your choice. Reduce its opacity to your desired level. In the Zoom settings, "pop" the little button up. Reduce the X and Y values to suit your needs. Add a Text object as a child of the rectangle and set content, size, font and colour to suit your tastes.

Controlling the size of the text across the images might mean you need to prepare all the text first to get everything to a size that you like and then add the rectangle as a child of the text.

regards,

Peter

Thanks for all the info and thanks to your help I have now found a way to do it all in one. Select the image that needs a title and photographers name, go to the objects and animations window. Add text, size, format and position as you want it to appear. Click text in the objects panel, go to common tab, click drop shadow radio button, and then customize. In the drop shadow window I left the default colour, set opacity to 60, angle 45 distance 50 and size 15. Then in the spread box I dropped down the list and chose cove-shallow clicked OK and low and behold I had a rectangle which fitted the text perfectly and also resized with it if the title for subsequent images was longer or shorter. Give it a try and let me know how you get on or if I've failed to explain clearly. Once again thanks for the guidence which pointed me in the right direction.

Regards

Geoff

JPD see my post above for solution this done using V6 beta 20

Geoff

Could you explain using the PTE name of each window or function you use because I don't understand this sentence " Then in the spread box I dropped down the list and chose cove-shallow clicked OK and low and behold" and don't succed to put something as child of a text even rasterized.

JPD the spread box is in the customise drop-shadow tools. You are correct in saying it does not create "child of a text" but it does solve the problem I faced when I first started this thread namely creating a rectangle which could be varied in opacity and resizes with the text.

regards

Geoff

JPD the spread box is in the customise drop-shadow tools. You are correct in saying it does not create "child of a text" but it does solve the problem I faced when I first started this thread namely creating a rectangle which could be varied in opacity and resizes with the text.

regards

Geoff

Thanks Geoff, I better understand. Sorry, it's not easy for me to write in english and to understand it.

Thanks Geoff, I better understand. Sorry, it's not easy for me to write in english and to understand it.

Jean-Pierre your english is fine I wish I was as competent in another language.

Regards

Geoff