WnSoft Forums

Old Cat, New Clothes

Lin Evans

Hello Lin! Simply another masterpiece! I had a friend in my office when viewing it and he too was amazed. May I repeat Ken's words? "Smooth as silk" on the MacPro single Quad 2.93! It would be interesting to know how many hours a fresh build of that would take. The last PTE I made was last November when I still was using PCs and boy do I miss it. Has Spring time arrived there yet? Here is Pa we are having beautiful weather. Lin, I really appreciate you making a Mac version available. Thanks Bill

Hi Bill,

Thanks!

This one was not simple. We had worked out the cube some time ago and it's pretty straight-forward and doesn't take very long to create, but the tetrahedron and especially the ending isocahedron were quite problematic. It took, perhaps 30 hours to work out.

Jean Pierre (JPD) had shown one in one of his last amazing shows and I regret that I never had the chance to speak with him to ask him how he did it, so I had to "reinvent" the wheel for myself; so to speak. There was lots of trial and error and a few choice words - LOL. It's not the type of project to be entered into lightly - LOL.

Today is the last day of winter and it's going out with a bang here. Yesterday it was sunny, warm (about 60 degrees) and very spring like. Today its snowing furiously with about six inches already and another perhaps foot or more due today. In the high country along the northern Colorado front range, they are expecting up to four feet today!

I'll try to get some pictures later and post them!

Best regards,

Lin

Hello Lin! Simply another masterpiece! I had a friend in my office when viewing it and he too was amazed. May I repeat Ken's words? "Smooth as silk" on the MacPro single Quad 2.93! It would be interesting to know how many hours a fresh build of that would take. The last PTE I made was last November when I still was using PCs and boy do I miss it. Has Spring time arrived there yet? Here is Pa we are having beautiful weather. Lin, I really appreciate you making a Mac version available. Thanks Bill

Hi Andrew,

Thanks! It was a fun show to create just for the animation capabilities of PTE.

Played without a hiccup on my box. This is awesome Lin.

I'm running at full tilt just to try to catch up!!!!

Andrew

Hi Robert,

Michael was fantastic and there was never a doubt about whether his "dunk" would exit the net! I'm never certain that my efforts will pan out but sometimes lucky....

When we lost JPD, we lost the one true "master" of PTE. His approach was thorough, mathematical and reasoned. My approach is more experimental with lots of trial and error. Sometimes things work out, but there are many failures along the way. I thank you for the compliment, but mostly I'm just wandering in the wilderness looking for that light at the end of the tunnel - LOL...

Best regards,

Lin

Lin, I just now had the pleasure of viewing. I must say it is great! But I'd further opine that your success is about as big a surprise as when a Michael Jordan dunk would exit out the bottom of the net!