WnSoft Forums

An Experiment...

This is an experiment in the effectiveness of the web for tutorial use. I have had several questions about "realism" in PTE animation scenes and this is in response to those. This is not a "tutorial," but rather a "how it was done" explanation of what is at least the minimum requirements to get realism in an animation.

This animation is titled "Waltzing" from the title song, Waltzing's For Dreamers by Richard Thompson. The scene is a room with windows and a fireplace. The purpose was to get a realistic fire complete with synchronized sound and reflections in the fireplace. Minor other changes were made to the room.

I just want to know if this is a viable way to describe the basics of creating such a scene with PTE: Any comments for improvement or change are welcome:

As indicated in the web page - click on image to see video of original after reading information. I realize that the text size and color along with background color could have been better chosen - it was a really "quick" and dirty experiment.

My Link to web presentation

Best regards,

Lin

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mur,

Maybe try with another browser - it's "possible" that you clicked on the link "before" the last update and that the browser is trying to find the wrong file name. If you clear the cache in the browser you are using and try again it probably will work. I've just tested it with three browsers and it work fine for me at the present time.

Best regards,

Lin.

Lin, I has been traying to run your ¨experiment¨, but when I click the image, I get a ¨videofile not found¨ notification. How can I download the file?

MUR