WnSoft Forums

"Screen Capture" free program

boxig

"Screen Capture" is a tool which maybe some of you will need.

Capture whole Desktop

Capture selection

Capture Window

Drag And Drop image

I need your comments, suggestions and any bug you find.

By the way, I made for my use a small utility which is like a Help file for HTML pages. It has a links window on left side and big window on right side where the page is displayed when click on the link. Links can be arranged in chapters. All pages are kept in one folder. It can be useful for presentations which need a lot of text attached or for displaying a book. I do not publish this one but if someone like to get it, please write me (it's free).

Thank you

Granot

PRINTKEY 2000

you can cut out a box of the screen shot -- i do it all the time to send info of a particular section of the screen to people that ask for help -it also cuts down on the size of the file to send

- i guess we do not have to send any screen shots to all the nay sayers -- they must never have to ask for help B)

ken

Screen & Print Capture

I use 'Screen Print 32' which has the following operational modes:-

* Capture Pre-Defined Area

* Capture Active Window

* Capture Full Desktop

* Manual Print any Capture Screen

* Auto-Print any capture Screen

* Image-Fax any Capture Screen

* Single Button Operation

* Save As... any Capture Screen..JPeg,Gif,Tiff,BMP,Template etc,etc;

I use the utility to make Tutorials, Splash Screens, Attachments and

for virtually everything else when I need a 'Visual Editor Importer' or

a 'Direct Capture' to EMail or Web or Printer utility.

Its faster that Paint, Powerpoint, or any other "Photo-Copy Program"

Anyway whats wrong with 'Photo-Copying' its done a trillion times a day

Worldwide !

Brian.Conflow.

;) I don't think anyone was actually suggesting using screen capture to "rip off" another person's images. In my case, I'm not convinced that a 1024 x 768 pixel compressed JPG from any of my shows is going to be much use anyway.

'Photo-Copying' to mean the copying of photos

Actually I do copy photos from the screen often - but they are my own images.

Usually to use in demos or to send by e-mail to demonstrate a technique with various arrows and words added in Photoshop if necessary. Useful if someone the other end of the globe is stuck and can't even see which button you are referring to in a piece of software.

The world of photography is actually a happy friendly place where lots of information is freely shared. :D I have great sympathy with those professionals who earn a living from their images and lose money when their work is copied and sold. :angry:

However I don't think "the trillion times a day worldwide" is a reference to image theft or photo-copying shops would be raided every few seconds by the police.

Photo-copying does not necessarily mean "ripping off another person's images".

A copy can be made with a photographer's permission -

I wonder how many photographers have rushed to get the permission of the original photographer before they take a picture with a poster on a wall in the background? ;)

It's all about common sense and keeping things in perspective.

Understanding, tolerance and respecting the views (and photography) of others makes the world go round.

As I've just seen the first Christmas tree - can I be the first to say ...........

Happy Christmas

& Peace and Goodwill to all men (and women) :D

Best wishes

Maureen

Hummmmm.... I didn't think I'm opening a "Screen Capture" discussion topic. All I wanted was to get some feedback so I can refine my program. :(

By the way, talking about "stealing" pictures, I got many thanks from few members who recovered their lost images from compiled exe using "RestorePTE". You never know when you are going to really need it.

:P Granot

STEVE- KEFFS

Steve, you have "Photo-Copied" text from my 'Post' to the Forum and if I am to understand you correctly-

(By your own interpretation of a definition)...you have infringed my Copyright...so where do you stand ?

Furthermore,you have taken an excerpt of my 'Text' totally out of its context matter and used it for your

own purposes to create a ~'public implied accusation'~ that I condone Copyright 'rip off'......

It's quite evident that you don't know anything about 'International Copyright Law' and may I suggest that you read up on 'How to Copyright Literary & Media Materials' before you imply any further accusations.

As to 'Photo-Copying' - 'Photo-Copiers' are available from Rank-Xerox, IBM, Toshiba etc...The list is endless. This 'illegal' activity (according to you) is practiced by every Government Department and Law Firms and every Business world-wide....Like it or not 'Photo-Copying' is here to stay.

I would like to make it quite clear to you that nobody on this Forum condones 'Media Rip-Off' -

If anything, there is a very deep mutual trust and pride among the Forum Members when they freely exchange Media both for exposition and 'self-help' purposes when using the PTE Program in all its varied applications.

Granot, about your 'Screen Capture Utility' - yes I would like to say ' Granot well done'. Once again many

of us are in your debt for such a useful program and all the other Programs which you have published "Free Gratis" for use by Forum Members.... I for one would like to say Thank You...

Brian.Conflow.

I use very often screen captures for my tutorials (for example, those on Photoshop to show the different steps, actions and commands). I've always done this pasting into Photoshop and resizing; after having rapidly tried Boxig's new utility today, I realize that it is much faster than with my 'traditional' way, even if I'm very well used to it.

Thank you very much for this, Granot ! :)

If I may, there's something I would like to have : the possibility to save the resulting image in a folder of one's choice and not in the program's folder.

A question: in your Readme file, you refer to "Capture Window only" - am I right in assuming that this corresponds to the button "Capture Object" ?

Gérard

Thank you for your comment.

Yes, "Capture Window" and "Capture Object" are the same.

As for the ability to browse and save captured image in a folder you want with the name you want, it is possible but then it will make everything slow. But I will see if I can add this as option. I will post here when it will be done.

Thank you

Granot

I used Granot's Restore PTE to reproduce a slide show I made for my parent's 50th Anniversary. I spent 4 months working on that show, and once completed, I saved my EXE to a CD. Just after that my computer crashed and I lost all the individual images and the PTE file. This allowed me to retrieve my significant investment in time and reproduce the images so that I could then make a DVD of this. I completed the EXE in early 2003 prior to the ability of P2EXE creating DVD. You cannot blame Granot for making the tool - it is the old saying, a knife can carve a beautiful statue or it can slit a throat.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

I was going to ask how to do this, but I decided to read and this was the first thread that was available.

I'm glad Boxig wrote this program. And thanks for the other referenced programs too. I got a slideshow from a photographer who created proofs of our wedding using PTE and now I can get the photos off of it. Thanks so much for all of your help.

Ima

As I promised to Gérard:

I addded a small check box so you can decide if you want to save captured images to program folder or to your selected folder. Unchecking the "Auto Save" will allow you to browse and choose destination folder to save image.

I uploaded new version 1.0.0.1

Granot