WnSoft Forums

New demo - Magic

Cèlou

Célou, I can't download your file. :(

The first time I had :

"Service Temporarily Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later. "

The second time, after the (long) countdown from 45 s to 0 (at the upper right), I had :

HTTP 404 - File not found.

I am sorry Thedom,

I have just tested the bond and it functions perfectly.

I do not see or the error can come.

To test several times and if that does not go I will seek another solution.

I think that with this bond all will function.

Sorry

Here

Ok, I made an other try and I finally could download it. :D

For those of you who don't speak french, at the upper right, you gonna have a countdown :

merci de patienter nn secondes... (thank you for waiting nn seconds)

And at the end of this countdown, you gonna have in the same rectangle :

cliquez ici pour télécharger (click here to download)

Click on this link, and your download should start right away (if the service is avalaible :P ).

Célou, tell me if i'm wrong, but it's one of your previous demo that you improved, right ?

Very nice and dynamic anyway.

On how many slide did you make it ?

I think the .pte could be usefull for beginners...

Trés bien Cèlou. I liked your demo very much, but, I couldn't figure out how you made the effect of rotating the cards about their vertical axes. Your method, in French or English, would be very much appreciated.

John

Very nice Cèlou,

I'm uncertain how you get the free transform effects into p2e?

Best regards,

Lin

1- first place, I lay out the carpet of chart on the table of assembly.

2- I pass then in “Objects and animation” and I will seek my first chart,

for example “the king”.

3- I move my point on the time line with approximately with the keypoint “1233”, position of the left zoom at "100".

I create a second point which I place approximately at the keypoint " 2440 "

and the position of the left zoom with “0”.

4- I go sought my “turned over chart” I approximately place the first keypoint at “2320”

with the position of the left zoom at “0”, I approximately create a second point with “3967” with the position of the left zoom with “100”.

Veiled animation is ready.

I specify that it was necessary not badly to grope for me to manage to give

the illusion which the chart really turns.

I do not know if I expressed myself well in English, because I acknowledge that for me it is difficult.

Interesting modification to your magic show, Celou! Another demonstration of the potential in PTE 5! B)

I can see we're in for some very sophisticated slideshows once v.5 is oficially released!!

1- first place, I lay out the carpet of chart on the table of assembly.

2- I pass then in “Objects and animation” and I will seek my first chart,

for example “the king”.

3- I move my point on the time line with approximately with the keypoint “1233”, position of the left zoom at "100".

I create a second point which I place approximately at the keypoint " 2440 "

and the position of the left zoom with “0”.

4- I go sought my “turned over chart” I approximately place the first keypoint at “2320”

with the position of the left zoom at “0”, I approximately create a second point with “3967” with the position of the left zoom with “100”.

Veiled animation is ready.

I specify that it was necessary not badly to grope for me to manage to give

the illusion which the chart really turns.

I do not know if I expressed myself well in English, because I acknowledge that for me it is difficult.

Thanks Cèlou,

That was quite clear - I understand.

Best regards,

Lin

Trés bien Cèlou. I liked your demo very much, but, I couldn't figure out how you made the effect of rotating the cards about their vertical axes. Your method, in French or English, would be very much appreciated.

John

Hi John,

Cèlou and Ian were kind enough to explain that the way this was done was to change the zoom over time from 100 percent to zero on the X axis. Notice that there are two regions where zoom information is located side by side.

In the default mode, when you change the numbers in the left or right block the opposite numbers change to the identical values. If you click on the "tiny" square between these two blocks where the numbers are written it acts like a "toggle switch" so you can change the values in one without changing the values in the other. Think of these as the X and Y axis. Change the number in the one on your left as you face the screen to zero while leaving the one on the right at 100% and the image begins to "squish" over time until at near zero it becomes simply a line. So if you were to set perhaps a six second time from the zero line, the object would "appear" to be rotating on the vertical axis.

Conversley, if you were to "flip" the image on the horizontal axis in PhotoShop then perform the opposite

action by beginning at six seconds with zero and ending with 100% at 12 seconds, it would appear as if the object had rotated 360 degrees on the vertical axis. You would, of course, start the second object at zero transparency, put in a keypoint at about 5999 (6000 is six seconds) to change it to hold the zero opacity then another keypoint at 6000 changing it to 100%. You would also do likewise for the first object, that is set it to 100% opacity to start, set a keypoint at about 5999 to 100% opacity to keep it from disappearing gradually then put another at 6000 to zero opacity to make the first side disappear as it hit the zero zoom at six seconds.

Here's a link to an example I just did which will, hopefully make it clear. It's a coin so I also added a vertical edge view at the six second point (rather crudely, I admit) to simulate what you would see in real time.

It's very difficult to dissect the keypoints because they fall on top of one another so you have to plan it out in advance and trust the numbers.

http://www.lin-evans.net/p2e/morgandollar.zip

Lin

Cheer Lin, beautiful application of my demonstration.

One thus realizes all future possibilities that PTE will be able to bring.

On your demonstration also there is the illusion which the part turns.

Cheer Lin, beautiful application of my demonstration.

One thus realizes all future possibilities that PTE will be able to bring.

On your demonstration also there is the illusion which the part turns.

Hi Cèlou,

Thanks so much to you and Ian for the explanation of how this was done.

You're right - so much power and great features!!

Lin

Hi John,

Cèlou and Ian were kind enough......

Many thanks Cèlou, Lin and Ian for your help with this one.

As a result of frequent reversion to language aquired during my days in the Navy! I, more or less, got my head round the method.

HOWEVER, after having practiced, using Lin's Morgan dollar, I decided to make it "rotate" a second time. During the resulting sequence the direction of rotation changed direction. Any ideas what causes this and/or advice on how it may be avoided?

John

Many thanks Cèlou, Lin and Ian for your help with this one.

As a result of frequent reversion to language aquired during my days in the Navy! I, more or less, got my head round the method.

HOWEVER, after having practiced, using Lin's Morgan dollar, I decided to make it "rotate" a second time. During the resulting sequence the direction of rotation changed direction. Any ideas what causes this and/or advice on how it may be avoided?

John

Hi John,

It sounds like you may have a zero where you should have a 66% and a 66% where you should have a zero.

Best regards,

Lin

Hi John,

It sounds like you may have a zero where ....

Lin,

thank you again. I had another look at it today. Knock me down with a feather. It ran perfectly.

There are 2 possible causes:

1. An optical illusion, due to me having only one eye.

2. A rather fuller than adequate glass of Claret with dinner. ;)

Kind regards

John

Lin,

thank you again. I had another look at it today. Knock me down with a feather. It ran perfectly.

There are 2 possible causes:

1. An optical illusion, due to me having only one eye.

2. A rather fuller than adequate glass of Claret with dinner.

Kind regards

John

Ahhh the Claret - that's got to be it! LOL - actually the whole thing is an optical illusion so even with two good eyes my friend the brain can interpret it differently every time we blink. It's the "expectation" which creates the illusion.....

Best regards,

Lin

Hello, you will find hereafter file PTE concerning my small demonstration “Magic”.

I hope that that will be rather clear for you and I remain at your disposal for further information. MAGIC_FILE

Hello, on the preceding wire,

I put in line for which that interress file PTE concerning my demonstration “MAGIC”,

I thought that that could render service to you.

Hello, on the preceding wire,

I put in line for which that interress file PTE concerning my demonstration “MAGIC”,

I thought that that could render service to you.

Is this a new demo, Cèlou, or the same one that you posted before?

Cèlou,

the option "Original" (for the "tapis") is sometimes a little dangerous.

With a screen display over 1024x768, the card is out of the "tapis": with the "tapis" "Fit to screen", the card is well over.

What is your opinion about this option ?

Thanks in advance.

The easiest way, I think is to have all objects level 1 at the same size with option "fit to screen" (or else) and all others objects level 2, 3 and so one "original" (and pixel).

When rectangle will be good (in the #2 they are one pixel smaller that the numbers write in the PTE file) and if Igor permit us to choice the size of the rectangle (we can change its sizes in the PTE file) it will be very easy to use this rule.