WnSoft Forums

IMAGES "WHASHED OUT"

idc

I'm testing PTE deluxe. I'd like know if it is "normal", when the exe is created, that the contrast of the images inserted in a project is noticeably reduced.

The images seem to be "washed out".

How can I avoid the problem? The problem occurs in the versione 4.48?

Thank you

I'm testing PTE deluxe. I'd like know if it is "normal", when the exe is created, that the contrast of the images inserted in a project is noticeably reduced.

The images seem to be "washed out".

How can I avoid the problem? The problem occurs in the versione 4.48?

Thank you

Welcome to the Forum!

This is not normal - PTE preserves the integrity of the images very well. Can you give us more information as to how you prepare your images for showing in PTE? (what image editor, colour space, image type, etc.).

Normally, for uniform viewing on different computers, it is recommended that one use "sRGB".

Welcome to the Forum!

This is not normal - PTE preserves the integrity of the images very well. Can you give us more information as to how you prepare your images for showing in PTE? (what image editor, colour space, image type, etc.).

Normally, for uniform viewing on different computers, it is recommended that one use "sRGB".

thank for your reply!

I use PS CS2, the color space is Adobe 1998 and the monitor is profiled with Spyderespress2.

the images are saved in Jpeg. I've just verified that the problem doesn't occur if I use PTE 4.48!

I hope that is a problem connected to the beta version.

I have an another question. It is possible like other programs to use fade in e fade out command with the music? I think that PTE is very goog expecially for panning (very veru smooth), but there are some lacks.

thank you

the images are saved in Jpeg. I've just verified that the problem doesn't occur if I use PTE 4.48!

I hope that is a problem connected to the beta version.

I have an another question. It is possible like other programs to use fade in e fade out command with the music? I think that PTE is very goog expecially for panning (very veru smooth), but there are some lacks.

Can you provide us with a screen-shot comparison of the same image, one in PTE v.5 and one in PS? I am sure this will be fixed in future betas, so that both versions behave the same way. Or, it could have something to do with your version of DirectX. Check to make sure you have version 9c.

It is quite easy to synchronize fades with the music - just set "synchronize to music", and put your transitions onto the timeline. Open the waveform so that you can see the beats, and drag the transition points to where you want them. You can then preview the show right on the timeline, and watch where the transitions are occurring relative to the music waveform.

These features are available in both v.4 and v.5, but you may find that there is a small difference between the timing on the timeline playback compared to the normal preview in version 5 - Igor has promised to fix this in future betas.

Can you provide us with a screen-shot comparison of the same image, one in PTE v.5 and one in PS? I am sure this will be fixed in future betas, so that both versions behave the same way. Or, it could have something to do with your version of DirectX. Check to make sure you have version 9c.

It is quite easy to synchronize fades with the music - just set "synchronize to music", and put your transitions onto the timeline. Open the waveform so that you can see the beats, and drag the transition points to where you want them. You can then preview the show right on the timeline, and watch where the transitions are occurring relative to the music waveform.

These features are available in both v.4 and v.5, but you may find that there is a small difference between the timing on the timeline playback compared to the normal preview in version 5 - Igor has promised to fix this in future betas.

Hi idc,

I never experimented such a problem of "washed out" pictures. :huh:

Pictures look exactly the same outside PTE and in the EXE.

There is something abnormal for you.

As already mentionned by Al, if you can provide more details...

If you can post your images, we can make tests and tell you how it works for us.

And about using fade in / fade out with the music directly in the program, it is not possible.

May be in a future version.

And about using fade in / fade out with the music directly in the program, it is not possible.

May be in a future version.

Sorry, idc, I assumed by fades that you were talking about fades for the slides themselves. This is quite possible with PTE. However, Dom is right in that fades in the music must be prepared externally in a sound editor such as Audacity. :)

Sorry, idc, I assumed by fades that you were talking about fades for the slides themselves. This is quite possible with PTE. However, Dom is right in that fades in the music must be prepared externally in a sound editor such as Audacity. :)

HI Al, HI dom

now I got it!

I found the problem

The problem is that PTE5 (and the exe created with it) don't recognize the monitor profile .icc that I created with Spyder2espress (Colorvision) on my PC and apply the default monitor settings (too many brightness ...)!!!

In fact, I created two presentation with the same images (one with 4.48 and one with 5) and when I look over them on an other PC (not profiled) there's not differences ...

Now I know the problem, but I don'have any ideas for the solution ...

My only hope is to wait a new version? It's possible to contact the developers?

Ciao, ciao from Italy and sorry for my english ...

• 4 weeks later...

there is a real slick monitor setup feature on this site

http://www.eye4u.com/home/

ken

I too have a color calibrated monitor, and I suspect that a lot of fairly serious photographers have the same. I also noticed that the newer PTE version is not using my monitor's profile unlike the older version 4.xxx.

Obviously, the newer version is showing colors and contrast quite differerent from intent.

Hope this gets fixed in future betas.

Unfortunately it's not our mistake.

NVIDIA video cards don't have this problem.

This problem happens only on ATI video cards. They just ignore gamma settings in fullscreen 3D mode that we use now for slide shows.

I discussed very long time with ATI and they confirmed that this problem exists and they said me that they can't quickly solve it. Maybe only in new fully re-written drivers for Windows Vista.

There will be two solution for this problem that we can suggest (in the nearest beta versions):

1) Use second CPU based graphical engine (that works like v4.48). But Pan/Zoom effect will work very slowely. (Project options of PicturesToExe)

2) Or use hardware accelleration, but without "Vertical synchronization of a display" option (in Project options of PicturesToExe). Pan effect in this mode will not look so ideally smooth as with vertical synchronization.

There will be two solution for this problem that we can suggest (in the nearest beta versions):

1) Use second CPU based graphical engine (that works like v4.48). But Pan/Zoom effect will work very slowely. (Project options of PicturesToExe)

2) Or use hardware accelleration, but without "Vertical synchronization of a display" option (in Project options of PicturesToExe). Pan effect in this mode will not look so ideally smooth as with vertical synchronization.

I have beta 7 of PTE and couldn't find the options you mentioned. I'm looking at Project options.

I do see that the option "Use 3D video card" is greyed out and is permanently checked.

Am I missing something?

Thanks!

- Eric

Igor.

Thank you for the info on Radeon video cards. I have a Radeon 9200, so guess I will have this Gamma problem with executables produced by PTE Version 5. I use PTE mainly to burn DVDs for showing slideshows on a TV. Please could you advise whether the AVI/Video TS files produced by PTE Version 5 will exhibit this Gamma problem on machines fitted with a Radeon card, or is it just a ".exe" problem. Many thanks in anticipation.

Malcolm

PS. Well done to you and your team for your superb efforts on Version 5.

No problem with produced AVI file or burned DVD-Video disc in PicturesToExe Deluxe.

The problem may occur only in .EXE file with Hardware accelleration and "Vertical synchronization" of display mode.

If you need you will able to produce .EXE files without "Vertical synchronization" option it will not have problem with gamma on some Radeon video cards.

I hope that ATI will solve this problem in the new drivers. I'll remind them again and again.