WnSoft Forums

Having problems setting up O&A

mightec

I am trying to integrate the O&A settings from a slide in another template with a slide in a new template that I am trying to create.

I have copied the settings from the Object windows of the template I am coping from and pasted these into the Object window of the new template. When I play the slide both effects run at the same time and appear over each other. I have pasted the settings into the Object window as a separate Frame and also integrated with the original Object window structure, but the effect is the same.

I want the pasted effect to run at Keyframe 4000, but I don't seem to be able to do this, the pasted effect always starts at Keyframe 0. Do I have to reset each individual line of the structure or can I just set the parent level?

Hi Mike,

I'm a little unclear on exactly what you are doing. When you "copy" something you end up with the object as well as the animation not just the "settings". Are you trying to copy the objects "and" their animations? That is you can't copy just the keypoints and timings and apply them to another object.

Perhaps if you can post the zipped PTE file it would make it easier to understand what you want to accomplish?

Best regards,

Lin

I am trying to integrate the O&A settings from a slide in another template with a slide in a new template that I am trying to create.

I have copied the settings from the Object windows of the template I am coping from and pasted these into the Object window of the new template. When I play the slide both effects run at the same time and appear over each other. I have pasted the settings into the Object window as a separate Frame and also integrated with the original Object window structure, but the effect is the same.

I want the pasted effect to run at Keyframe 4000, but I don't seem to be able to do this, the pasted effect always starts at Keyframe 0. Do I have to reset each individual line of the structure or can I just set the parent level?

Hi Lin

Yes, I want to copy all aspects of the original slide animation, the image and the animation settings, e.g pan, zoom, Opacity, Keyframe settings, etc. I then want to run these imported images at Keyframe point 4000, e.g 4 secs into the combined slide effect.

Hi Mike,

That won't work if the original began at zero. You will have to slide the keypoint start to four seconds for the pasted animation and extend the time for the slide to the same duration from four seconds to the end of the animation as it occupied in the original.

If it's a complex animation then each keypoint will have to be advanced four seconds for the pasted slide. Perhaps you might suggest to Igor that he consider a way to "lock" the keypoints so in future versions simply sliding the first would maintain the timing relationships between all the following keypoints?

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Lin

Yes, I want to copy all aspects of the original slide animation, the image and the animation settings, e.g pan, zoom, Opacity, Keyframe settings, etc. I then want to run these imported images at Keyframe point 4000, e.g 4 secs into the combined slide effect.

Lin

As always, that you for your very quick and effective response to my query. I will do as you suggest and add it to the'Ideas and Suggetion for Next Version.

Thank You.

Hi Mike,

I think I perfectly understand your point. I guess we have the same need. ;)

I posted a message in the "ideas and suggestions" section :

I suggested the ability to add (or remove) time in the timelist

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7613

Would this feature help you to do what you need ?

But I like your idea too Lin ("lock" the keypoints so simply sliding the first would maintain the timing relationships between all the following keypoints).

Hi MIke,

I think this would also allow me to achieve what I wanted to in my post under the new suggestions thread. I was in fact trying to move an object away from a zero original start point.

Multiple keypoint movement for single object. http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7702

Kind regards

Peter