WnSoft Forums

The Man Comes Around

Hi All,

Put up a little homage to the late great Johnny Cash.

The content is based on his song. ‘The man comes around’.

It is to do with the end of days, Armageddon.

It is not Beechbrook material as it isn’t family viewing.

Content is based on his lyrics and contains some pictures of

life, death and religious images. Don’t watch if you are offended by that.

It contains downloaded classical paintings, photos and computer generated art.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=f04d77a...621d66e282a0ee8

Davy

DAVY

very creative and thought provoking -- you put a lot of work in that presentation :ph34r::ph34r:

could you do a sequel with johnnie and Willie ? :)

ken

Thanks Ken,

1 singer,1 song ,1 AV. :)

Anyways,doing a spring clean out recently I found some missing photos from about 20 years ago.

Archive stuff from WW1.

I had made an AV last year, but put it on hold as those missing photos

were what I wanted to include in it.

Nearly there though.Just syncing shell/bomb blasts.

Cheers,

Davy

Superb!

Not my usual cup of tea of - 'nice' pics and 'nice' music.

My advice is to turn the sound up and enjoy.

I look forward to the Somme, although after hearing this one I will turn off the sub woofer in fear of a heart attack.

Well done Davy

Hi Davy,

Its amazing how many different shows get put up here, I really enjoyed yours, very original, love the great mans music. Entertaining and I look forward to the "somme" which is another interest of mine, keep up the great work and continue to enjoy making the sequences.

Regards

ralph

Mark and Ralph,

Thanks for the comments.

PTE is a great way to spend a few hours, or days,or weeks.

Now faced with Big Brother 2009 and waiting on a beeb reaction show (Tatooing on Ice?),I might just be spending a bit more time on PTE.

The variety of AV shows keeps things fresh, interesting and enjoyable.

I am suprised at the ammount of detail in some of the old WWI photos. (Some too horrific to show).

Should be worth a viewing for those interested in the events of 1914-18.

Regards,

Davy

Hi Ken,

Although we have become desensitised to war,many pictures would be censored from the general public.

I'm talking people blown to pieces,body parts,decapitations etc.

There are some images of death included in the show,but nothing that is graphic.

In the context of the AV,I think that is fitting and respectful. The message comes across ok I think.

War is something that dehumanizes us and I wanted to portray the human element.

Nearly finished.

Regards,

Davy

Hi All,

Davy

Fantastic show Dave. Makes a change to see a show with a strong meaningful subject

Regards Paul

Davy, as you know i have seem some of the earlier versions of your Somme AV. At that time; I thought it good enough to show at the NI AV Festival, indeed I would have been most surprised if it didn't feature very well. So please let us see your latest version!

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the comments,

But you can't really say things like that here,.......or can you?

Guess you are going to be a few Christmas Cards light this year!

Regards,

Davy

I didn’t mean my comments to be critical of other types of presentations that people do. However, I do find myself producing shows that are pretty images with music and do lack a certain creativity theme about them. This maybe because I want to play safe and produce a show that’s for all tastes and will not stir controversy. My 21 year old daughter who is a student and belongs to the University photographic club watched your show and commented that this is the type of thought provoking AV that she prefers and thinks has been done extremely well.

Once again fantastic show and look forward to seeing more of your work.

Paul

I guess Davy has not seen one of Morasoft's shows - creative to say the least -- maybe he will see this and treat us to another creation :)

ken

Hi Ken,

Love seeing shows of all types.

If you have a link to one of Morasoft's, be glad to see it.

Am uploading the WWI AV now.

The Zombie Driller Killer Butterflies AV will have to wait.

Cheers,

Davy

the paris hilton show was a kind of an different introduction to what could be done with p2e, then he hit us with the cartoons -- they were eye openers in my case, dont know about other members but it was a breath of spring air :)

ken

I agree. I am a nice pics, fade / in fade out, nice music - sort of AV worker. But it is good to see how others approach it. It gives me ideas and makes me think if there might be better and more effective ways of 'displaying' my photography.

DavyC's 'The Man Comes Around' clearly illustrates how the lyrics and music can be matched with images - and it makes me wonder how I could do it the other way around. How can I arrange my photography so that the music not only supports and underpins it, but also builds on the photography and 'highlights' certain images in an emotive way?

For example; I recall being told that an image of a fireplace and flames should be moved to match the 'brass' tones of the music, because the brass tones of the instrument conjured up images of the colours of the French Horn - golden and bright. I would never have thought of this and when I moved the image it did seem to work so much better. While the sync of DavyC's is clear, it makes me wonder about the sub conscious links that can be explored and exploited.

The bottom line is simply that a breathe of fresh air is good for you!

Mark

There has been many volumes written on the symbolism and psychology used in art over the centuries and this also applies to photography, all images that are art are much more than what meets the eye, even pretty pictures that work are full of symbolism and psychology, (colour theory is just one small example).

Music also paints pictures in the mind and is full of themes, moods and symbolism, some with words and many more subtly with the sounds that build the whole work.

To put these two together so they complement each other and make the whole greater than the sum of the parts, to me is the goal of the AV maker. Each is of equal importance and if only one is great the AV fails IMHO.

This is why I would like to see the audio side of PTE improved to become more user friendly and intuitive with more precise audio adjustments allowed. Sorry everyone I'm back on my hobby-horse.

Davy I think you have reached the goal I spoke of above with this and some other works you posted recently which I'm every impressed with, well done. :)

Mark

There has been many volumes written on the symbolism and psychology used in art over the centuries and this also applies to photography, all images that are art are much more than what meets the eye, even pretty pictures that work are full of symbolism and psychology, (colour theory is just one small example).

Music also paints pictures in the mind and is full of themes, moods and symbolism, some with words and many more subtly with the sounds that build the whole work.

To put these two together so they complement each other and make the whole greater than the sum of the parts, to me is the goal of the AV maker. Each is of equal importance and if only one is great the AV fails IMHO.

This is why I would like to see the audio side of PTE improved to become more user friendly and intuitive with more precise audio adjustments allowed. Sorry everyone I'm back on my hobby-horse.

Davy I think you have reached the goal I spoke of above with this and some other works you posted recently which I'm every impressed with, well done. :)

Hi Ifa,

I am with you on gestaltism in audio/visual (and other) terms.

Sound in AVs is often carried out as an after thought.Priority first on how it looks.

These audio and visual streams run parallel together. The senses constantly relating one against each other.

Good pictures and good music don't necessarily make a good AV.

Have seen a few that don't work for me as they don't gel perfectly together.

Some also spoiled with poor quality recording/mixing/editing.

Might be an idea to create an AV that demonstrates the power and capability of sound.

Glad to hear you liked some of the AVs.Not sure if I have reached my goal,but I'll be happy if I get within the 18yard box!

Regards,

Davy

:rolleyes:

Hello all:

Ken, Thanks for your words about my little work with PicturesToExe. It is comforting to know that although I make it some time ago, you remember me. It may encourage me to do another animation about Lanzarote, one of the Canary Islands with beautiful volcanoes. (Coyote catches Road Runner)

Excuse my english

Morasoft.

:rolleyes:

Hello all:

Ken, Thanks for your words about my little work with PicturesToExe. It is comforting to know that although I make it some time ago, you remember me. It may encourage me to do another animation about Lanzarote, one of the Canary Islands with beautiful volcanoes. (Coyote catches Road Runner)

Excuse my english

Morasoft.

Hi Morasoft,

Yes another show from you would be good.

Maybe you could share some of your animation tips.

Regards,

Davy

Hi All,

Davy

Hi Davy

I recall you telling me that you were working on this a/v quite some months ago and so it is nice to see it at last. It also places all the comments you made into context. Whilst, like Mark, I am a member of the pretty pics and nice music brigade, it is good to see something different and it always amazes me to realise what creative minds some lucky people have. I thoroughly enjoyed it and can appreciate the time and work you have put into it. You really do produce some interesting stuff.

Maureen

Hi Davy

I recall you telling me that you were working on this a/v quite some months ago and so it is nice to see it at last. It also places all the comments you made into context. Whilst, like Mark, I am a member of the pretty pics and nice music brigade, it is good to see something different and it always amazes me to realise what creative minds some lucky people have. I thoroughly enjoyed it and can appreciate the time and work you have put into it. You really do produce some interesting stuff.

Maureen

Hi Maureen,

I'm all for pretty pics and nice music too. Don't get out and about to all those exotic destinations though.

Suppose I should be out with the camera more,even if it's only local stuff.

Could be an excuse for a macro lens,so that's got me thinking.

A pretty pics and music is on the cards then, but I might just squeeze another one of this type in.

Course it's not a 'Proper'Av,but it keeps me out of trouble and keeps me amused.

Thanks for the comments.

Am expecting a raft of Lakeland Lass AVs soon.

Regards,

Davy