WnSoft Forums

Slide Show Removed

dcbyrne

Jean-Pierre had a show posted in the Slideshows Created in Pictures ToExe section of the forum (a sketch tool). Last night I reported to the administrator a post that someone made that had nothing to do with Jean-Pierre's show but about adultery and other nonsense. I looked for the subject today and instead of the crazy post being removed I can't find anything of Jean-Pierre's subject and the responses to it. Everything has been removed. What happens to a subject when something like this happens, and Is it gone and never to be seen again?

Douglas

well it mistakenly got deleted by a moderator and he has written to my self,jp and Igor

in the interim from my archives -- best i can do

Printable Version of Topic

WnSoft Forums _ Slideshows created in PicturesToExe _ Penser avec son pinceau

Posted by: JPD Mar 22 2009, 08:57 AM

http://diapositif.net/Diaporamas/09-03-09_...son_pinceau.zip is a slideshow using Mask function about a french impressionist painter.

Posted by: davegee Mar 22 2009, 11:31 AM

This is as good as it gets !!!!!!!

DaveG

Posted by: admin1 Mar 22 2009, 01:58 PM

Jean-Pierre,

Bravo! Very impressive.

I even didn't expect that it could be done using PicturesToExe and Masks objects.

P.S. I've sent you email regarding antialiasing of Rectangle objects, please could you reply me?

Posted by: deskjet1uk Mar 22 2009, 03:19 PM

Absolutely amazing, very well put together. thank you so much, the best I have ever seen.

Ralph

Posted by: Ken Cox Mar 22 2009, 05:14 PM

Jean

I cant imagine what you are going to do for an encore performance

a keeper for sure

ken

Posted by: Rooskidiver Mar 22 2009, 07:17 PM

Wow! All I can say is pure genius. I'm thinking I could work with PTE for another hundred years and never come up with anything that imaginative or impressive. Thanks so much for the show ... and as Ken says ... definitely a keeper!

Posted by: JPD Mar 23 2009, 02:28 AM

Many thanks for your comments, it's only the demonstration of what we can do with a tool I am finishing and that everybody will be abble to use to do such slideshow.

I think it will be ready in a month, for free, of course.

A first tool is ready to resize slideshow (to create DVD for instance), it's http://diapositif.net/Outils/Redimensionnement_pour_DVD.zip. It needs Excel or Open Office (free)

To day it's in french, but if somebody agree to translate in english, it's possible for me to include english language in the tool. Others tools will be soon ready.

Igor, I will write you today.

Posted by: canteau Mar 23 2009, 06:42 PM

Fantastic and great work Jean-Pierre, you are the Césanne PTE ...

Thank you very much for your vision on the evolution of this fantastic software to Igor.

Bravo !

Posted by: LumenLux Mar 24 2009, 01:38 AM

Wonderful Jean-Pierre! Enjoyed in awe. Makes me want to brag to the world that I know you. When Igor revealed his first animation version, I said that any visual presentation could now be done with PTE. You have again added proof to my "vision."

Posted by: Picsel Mar 24 2009, 11:40 AM

SUPERBE!

Daniel

Posted by: JPD Mar 25 2009, 03:20 AM

Merci Bernard, mieux vaut être en effet Cézanne que ces ânes

For english speaking people : Thanks Bernard plus a joke with a friend which would have no meaning in english.

Thanks Robert, yes many visual presentations are possible with mask, and this one is only one among hundreds of possibilities.

Merci Daniel.

Posted by: RayC Mar 25 2009, 04:49 AM

Just Fantastic have watched over and over again and will do so again.

Thanks for allowing us to view it.

Ray

Posted by: Rooskidiver Mar 25 2009, 11:09 PM

Okay I have to ask. What exactly is this mask function? Is it something in PTE or Photoshop or another program. And did you have to have hundreds or thousands of slides to make the show? Sorry if these are obvious techniques to everyone else ... but I'm clueless. I would have asked in my first reply to the show but was hoping someone else would ask first.

Posted by: xahu34 Mar 26 2009, 07:53 AM

QUOTE (Rooskidiver @ Mar 26 2009, 04:09 AM)

Okay I have to ask. What exactly is this mask function? Is it something in PTE or Photoshop or another program...

In PTE v.5.6 you can use objects of type "Mask container". Inside such containers you can place real images and masks (black/white images) which control the opacity of the real images (similar to layer masks in PS). Masks and images can be animated independently.

Best regards,

Xaver

Munich

Posted by: JPD Mar 26 2009, 10:59 AM

Thanks Ray for your comment, I am happy you enjoyed it.

Posted by: Ron2 Mar 27 2009, 01:12 PM

Hi. Is thee anywhere where I can upload PtoE .exe files to share with others on the web?

Specifically I would like to put links to these AV's in another forum whic will not accept .exe file direct

Posted by: xahu34 Mar 27 2009, 01:29 PM

QUOTE (Ron2 @ Mar 27 2009, 06:12 PM)

Hi. Is thee anywhere where I can upload PtoE .exe files to share with others on the web?

Specifically I would like to put links to these AV's in another forum whic will not accept .exe file direct

See http://www.beechbrook.com/pte/index.asp. You can also create an account at mediafire.com.

Best regards,

Xaver

Munich

Posted by: stardealer Mar 27 2009, 02:03 PM

Hi JPD,

it's absolutely stunning what you have created with our preferred tool!

I can't imagine how you managed to design such complex animation.

Congratulation,

Frank

P.S.: I have tried your Excel for redimensioning. Thanks for that tool, it solves my problem with TV safezone.

Posted by: cottage Mar 27 2009, 07:15 PM

QUOTE (Ron2 @ Mar 27 2009, 01:12 PM)

Ron2. As suggested by Xaver, you are welcome to upload your PTE presentations to my site. Please use the upload link listed below when you are ready to proceed. Looking forward to your creations !!

Regards,

Bill

Posted by: JPD Mar 28 2009, 03:41 AM

Thanks Frank, the most difficult wasn't the animation, but first find the paints which have a relation with the text of the song and make all the layers of the picture. As I explained I am making a tool which make animations easy.

Posted by: Ron2 Mar 28 2009, 12:22 PM

QUOTE (cottage @ Mar 27 2009, 11:15 PM)

Ron2. As suggested by Xaver, you are welcome to upload your PTE presentations to my site. Please use the upload link listed below when you are ready to proceed. Looking forward to your creations !!

Regards,

Bill

Many thanks I will be taking up your offer soon, but don't expect any thing great, I am still a newbie a this and I just want to put some friends artwork projects into a show occasionally. I find converting to avi or mp4 has a great loss in quality.

In fact with mp4 I only get the music - no images at all.

RonS

Posted by: xahu34 Mar 28 2009, 01:52 PM

QUOTE (Ron2 @ Mar 28 2009, 05:22 PM)

... I find converting to avi or mp4 has a great loss in quality.

In fact with mp4 I only get the music - no images at all...

Ron,

I don't think that JPD's thread is the correct place to start a technical discussion on problems and quality regarding AVIs or MP4s. You may open a new discussion in the AVI/DVD/VideoBuilder forum.

Best regards,

Xaver

Munich

Posted by: JPD Mar 29 2009, 06:08 PM

Citation (xahu34 @ Mar 28 2009, 06:52 PM)

I don't think that JPD's thread is the correct place to start a technical discussion.

I quite agree. Thanks for these 8 posts (this one include) which have nothing to do here.

Posted by: JPD Apr 3 2009, 12:13 PM

Some people told me they have problem with there PC, I have put a mp4 version http://diapositif.net/Video/Penser_avec_son_pinceau_V6.zip

It's not a hight definition but it's enought good for a size of file near it would be on Youtube or Vimeo (but better than on them)

ken

Hi Douglas,

We are trying to recover JPD's thread. I deleted the entire thread by accident rather than just the annoying last spam post. It's one of the problems with the way the forum software is designed. The moderator has to use great care or these accidents happen. Ken has a backup archive (posted above) and JPD has been notified as well as Igor. We are waiting to see whether Igor can recall the thread before "posting" the "Printable" archive version which has all the responses and by whom, but doesn't show the incredible number (over 2500) of "hits" that JPD's original post had. This is one of the reasons why we would like to see changes to forum software to prevent spammers from being able to easily post. Moderators try to use extreme care but late at night we get tired and sometimes click on the wrong "action" which removes the entire thread rather than just deleting the offending post.

I will try to do better in the future and hopefully Igor may be able to recover the original.

Best regards,

Lin

Hello Ken and Lin,

Thanks very much for the fast reply. Accidents happen. Not being on the forum much in the past, I was not sure what the procedure was for removing spam. All old information in this thread is not important to me, however anything new pertaining to this tool of Jean-Pierre's is. I am looking forward (as I am sure many members are) to any new information on this drawing tool. I was on the Beta Team for a program that works in the same way as this demonstrated tool, so I am very interested in how this tool works within PTE. Tom Court was very helpful with information on how to use VisiSketchPro with PTE. I find the members of this forum to be very helpful when help is needed. A good example is the quick response from Ken in his message above and the many times Lin has helped through personal e-mail in the past. Again, thank you both.

Best regards,

Douglas