WnSoft Forums

Animation Question

tomg

I have a picture in a slide show that is 3000 x 2000 pixels. In objects and animation I keep the image at 100% size while I float in a couple of PNG text images. At this point I want to zoom into the image so that the picture is just 25% of the original size. In zooming, the original two PNG text files will have disappeared from the upper edge of the image. I then want to float in another couple of PNG images to finish with the final image. I can get as far as floating in the original two PNG images but I don't know how to carry on from there. Can anyone help?

Tom

Hi Tom,

If I have understood what you're trying to do, at the start of your main image you need to position the second pair of PNGs at their start position but with their opacity set to zero. Then, when you arrive at the time when you want them to start flying in, first increase their opacity back to 100% between two closely spaced keyframes and then pan them into position. Because, by now they will be "off screen" when you change their opacity, nobody will see that happen.

regards,

Peter

Hi Tom,

In Objects and Animations screen, to your left of "Close" you will see a small window with 100% in the view. Click on the down arrow beside this and choose a smaller view such as 25% or even 10% and you will be able to see the PNG objects which have gone out of view.

To add additional PNG objects, make sure nothing in the Objects list is selected (highlighted in blue) and right click the mouse and choose "Add" then from the popup list choose "Image" and go find the other PNG objects and select them.

An alternate way to be sure nothing is selected is to use a very small view such as 10% then right click in the grey area far outside anything having to do with the screen or objects and choose "Add" from there. It's the same as right clicking inside the Object's list when nothing is selected.

To bring them in if they are already in the field of view, you may do as Peter suggests.

Best regards,

Lin

Alternatively, you could start a new slide with your main image zoom setting at its 25% value (no transition effect) and then float in the 2nd pair of PNG files?

Treat it as two different slides instead of complicating one slide until you are happy with this sort of approach.

DaveG

Alternatively, you could start a new slide with your main image zoom setting at its 25% value (no transition effect) and then float in the 2nd pair of PNG files?

Treat it as two different slides instead of complicating one slide until you are happy with this sort of approach...

I like this approach (either with transition effect or without), as well. It has the advantage that timing can be manipulated in the timeline view.

Regards,

xaver

Hi Folks,

I got started on the animation project but almost immediately had problems. I can't get past the introduction of PNG 1 !

I am preparing an AV about a mountain walk that began at a Campsite on a farm. The first image is a white blank that quickly fades into an image of the farm. The default image size is 1024 x 768 but the farm image is 3000 x 2000 to allow for animation.

The farm image comes on at full size and remains on screen for a few seconds before the word “Campsite” ( PNG 1) floats into the sky at the top of the base image. As soon as PNG 1 is settled in position, PNG 2 starts to float in from the right hand side and settles down alongside PNG 1. PNG 2 is the words “at Bridge End Farm”. PNG 1 and PNG 2 remain on screen for a few seconds before floating off the base image. Then the zooming in of the base image begins, settling down in a position where my motorhome is clearly visible in the farm. At this point PNG 3 enters from the left. This is a circle that settles down around my motorhome. Finally, PNG 4 floats in from the right and settles down beside the circle. This is the words “Tom's Motorhome”. After a few seconds the whole scene fades into the succeeding image.

That's the storyline but the animation is proving to be difficult. The base image comes on screen at Timeframe 1158 (I'll refer to “Timeframe” as “TF” ). and stays on screen until TF 27500. PNG 1 starts outside the image at TF 1720 and it reaches its settled position at TF 4891. So far, so good, but this is where the problems begin. I want PNG 1 to stay in position until TF 8988 and then float offscreen and be out of sight by TF 15360. To achieve this I introduced a new Keyframe point at TF 8988 and I set its zoom and pan parameters exactly as the PNG 1 settings at TF 4891. So theoretically the pan and zoom settings at TF 4891 and TF 8988 should be the same. But when I clicked on the little arrow at TF 4891, PNG 1 had shot up the base image ! What is more, PNG 1 at TF 4691 was locked and unable to be adjusted.

I seem to be all at sea in my basic understanding of animation. Where am I gong wrong ? Am I being too ambitious in trying to use several PNG images on the base image ?

Regards,

Tom

Tom,

A couple of things occur to me.

First, make sure that all objects are discreet objects and that you haven't (accidentally) inserted some as "child" to a "parent". They should all be discreet objects.

Secondly, if you have more than two Keyframes you need to go to Animations and under each heading (Pan, Zoom etc) click on the button which might say "Linear" and choose "Setting Up". You then need to change "Separate Here" to "Glue Here".

I believe that the Evans Boys covered this in their tutorial - have you read it thoroughly?

DaveG

Hi All,

The PNG files were discreet i.e. not children of the base image. I'll try out Davegee's suggestion. I have actually completed the animation by taking on an earlier idea of staggering the animations over a few successive base images. But I still want to discover what went wrong with PNG 1 in my early effort.

Thanks for all the help.

Tom

Hi All,

The PNG files were discreet i.e. not children of the base image. I'll try out Davegee's suggestion. I have actually completed the animation by taking on an earlier idea of staggering the animations over a few successive base images. But I still want to discover what went wrong with PNG 1 in my early effort.

Thanks for all the help.

Tom

--------------------

PTE USER GUIDE COMPLETED, PDF format PicturesToExe User Guide

PTE V5 Tutorial

Link to tutorial's below:

http://www.lin-evans.net/pteuserguide/pteguide81707pdf.zip

WnSoft Main

http://www.wnsoft.com/

http://www.wnsoft.com/download.htm

http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/useful.htm

WnSoft help file

http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/help.htm

"share your knowledge, the wheel has already been invented"

ken

pbyk@sympatico.ca

SARNIA ONTARIO CANADA

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?addre...cid=mqtoolbarv2

Kirov Russia time -- Igor's home

http://www.worldtimeserver.com/current_time_in_RU-KIR.aspx

KIrov Russia Weather

http://weather.yahoo.com/forecast/RSXX0175_f.html

ken

Guest Yachtsman1

Sorry Ken but reading the instructions won't solve his problems, the instructions need re-writing in more detail. When you know how, it's easy getting there is b****y hard. A picture (or demo) is worth a thousand words. ;)

Regards Eric