WnSoft Forums

Backgrounds

Have you seen the Microsoft Windows Live Photos slideshow. The background seems to change to suit the mood of the picture, not sure if it reads the colour profile of the picture or not. Anyway the effect is very good to my eye, is this a feature that we could build into future versions of PTE?

Hi Mike,

That could be an interesting possibility. TheDom has suggested a very good way of already doing this if you are interested in trying it.

It consists of using the actual image for the slide you are posting as a background but setting the width to perhaps 5000 and changing the opacity to 50 or 60%..... Here's a link to his post:

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index....3&hl=theDom

Best regards,

Lin

Hello Lin

I had seen TheDom's effect but had forgotten it, it is very effective, as all of Dom's effects. But it is not giving me what I would like to see, perhaps Igor can come up with something in the future.

Hi Lin

I have been looking at producing a slideshow with a mood background, something that changes with each image shown. I have considered a couple of processes and they look at the overall profile of the image and determine a specific colour for the background.

Would you have a look at the attached examples and give me some feedback on which you feel creates the better mood.

Example A

Example B

Hi Mike,

I hope you don't mind my butting in on this thread?

For me Example A worked best - but it had nothing to do with the backgrounds. I didn't feel that there was all that much to choose between the two background sets. For me it was the music that made Example A stand out above Example B.

I think that what we have here is a classic case of the sequence builder, you, worrying far too much about something which the audience is probably not even going to notice. And, in my opinion, if the audience doesn't notice anything then the subtlety of the changing background colours has worked. It hasn't intruded into the sequence. Although the processes you have used have produced different background colours, they are so in harmony with the images that either of them would suffice.

When there is no voice-over the choice of music becomes paramount. In this respect I think A was better than B.

regards,

Peter

Hello Peter

Thanks for your comments, nice to hear your views, it is a great help, thanks.

Also thanks for everyone's comments, I have taken the samples off my server.