WnSoft Forums

Bogart,Bergman and Bacall AV

Not really a serious AV.Just a show of movie scenes with Humphrey Bogart,Ingrid Bergman and Lauren Bacall.

Downloaded pics from scanned film,so not of the highest quality and well it's 60+ years old.

But if you like 'Bogie'.

Theme tune by John Williams.Impossible to listen to this without singing the lyrics to yourself.

http://tinyurl.com/mousrr

Also did a rework of a 'Fractals' AV posted earlier.

Davy

Guest Yachtsman1
Not really a serious AV.Just a show of movie scenes with Humphrey Bogart,Ingrid Bergman and Lauren Bacall.

Downloaded pics from scanned film,so not of the highest quality and well it's 60+ years old.

But if you like 'Bogie'.

Theme tune by John Williams.Impossible to listen to this without singing the lyrics to yourself.

Davy

Hi Davy

Loved the pictures, seen them all a hundred times, the studio shots of Casablanca, excellent.

However, the music, :( for me guitar music does not fit. Play it again Sam and find a piano recording ;)

And if you really want to go to town, the Dom did a template of a strip of film moving through a projector some time ago, adding that on your fades in & out would make it outstanding. ;)

Yachtsman1

Just done a quick search & the original Dooley Wilson recording is 69p see http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_ss_dmusic...as+time+goes+by

But if you like 'Bogie'.

Davy

Davy - Good to see some of these old stars again and quite nostalgic. I thought the photos came up well and I DID like the music and thought it suited the mood.

Maureen

Hi Davy

Loved the pictures, seen them all a hundred times, the studio shots of Casablanca, excellent.

However, the music, :( for me guitar music does not fit. Play it again Sam and find a piano recording ;)

And if you really want to go to town, the Dom did a template of a strip of film moving through a projector some time ago, adding that on your fades in & out would make it outstanding. ;)

Yachtsman1

Just done a quick search & the original Dooley Wilson recording is 69p see http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_ss_dmusic...as+time+goes+by

Hi Yachtman,

Was going to use the Stéphane Grappelli version (have uploaded it onto Mediafire as an mp3 file under the same link http://tinyurl.com/mousrr )

Worked out too long though and I settled on the shorter John Williams version.

If I gotta spend £0.69 on a download of the Dooley Wilson version,it's no longer for fun LOL.

Might even incurr a complete rewrite of the script.

The film strip/projector template sounds like fun though....might be tempted.

Thanks for the comments,

Davy

Davy

Well done, a very enjoyable and entertaining show. The B/W images present well in the AV.

I think your choice of music was good, by not selecting the standard piano movie theme, (which would have been a little obvious), and using the John Williams version you put your own creative stamp on the AV and it works well. The Grappelli version would have been even better.

The show ran for about 3:00m and if you are going to do another with the movie effect here is a 3:27m version of the Stéphane Grappelli version which you may find useful.

Link removed.

Davy

Well done, a very enjoyable and entertaining show. The B/W images present well in the AV.

I think your choice of music was good, by not selecting the standard piano movie theme, (which would have been a little obvious), and using the John Williams version you put your own creative stamp on the AV and it works well. The Grappelli version would have been even better.

The show ran for about 3:00m and if you are going to do another with the movie effect here is a 3:27m version of the Stéphane Grappelli version which you may find useful.

http://www.mediafire.com/?tzdztjtuwnr

G'Day Ifa,

That 3:27min version is just the ticket.I can put an extra couple of slides in now.

Thanks for that and the comments.

Cheers,

Davy

Guest Yachtsman1
Davy

http://www.mediafire.com/?tzdztjtuwnr

Hi John

I think you should remove the link to the music, I think you are in breach of copyright law. In the UK at the moment this is a very sensative issue with large fines being imposed on individuals doing the same sort of thing. ;)

Yachtsman1

Hey Davy,

click the link below for a zipped file I have for you:

http://www.learntomakeslideshows.net/davy/Davy.zip

Best regards,

Lin

But if you like 'Bogie'.

Davy

Hi Eric,

Of course as you know, (and I understand the humor), but just for the public record - "Rick" (Humphry) never said "play it again Sam" and neither did Ilsa (Ingrid). Rick said simply "Play it," and Ilsa said "Play it Sam."

Hi Davy

snip

Guest Yachtsman1
Hi Eric,

Of course as you know, (and I understand the humor), but just for the public record - "Rick" (Humphry) never said "play it again Sam" and neither did Ilsa (Ingrid). Rick said simply "Play it," and Ilsa said "Play it Sam."

Hi Lin

yes that's a well known fact, catches lots of people out in quizzes over here. Now, what about "To Have & Have Not" or the "Maltese Falcon", they don't make them like that anymore, come back Sydney & Peter.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1

Hi Eric,

You're absolutely right about that - they simply don't make movies like they used to in terms of the thought behind the content. It's absolutely amazing how many really good movies were made and done so quickly. Of course they had their share of "stinkers" too!

The major studios created a movie a week on average back in the 40's and early 50's. Of course Casablanca was most unusual because it was actually written during production! The poor actors didn't even know how it was going to end until after the last scene was done. Bogart was called back a couple weeks after the filming was finished to retake the last scene and poor Ingrid was thinking about her next film (For Whom The Bell Tolls) during the entire movie. Casablanca wasn't "supposed" be a real blockbuster, and everybody in the industry was surprised when it turned out to have academy award quality. In fact, it's said that the fantastic performance for Ingrid was, at least in part, the result of "not knowing" who she was really supposed to be in love with! None of the actors knew how it was to end or even what was to be from one scene to the next. It's truly one of the best, or better movies made. Of course Gone With the Wind ranks right up there too as do other classics you have mentioned. Two of my favorites are little known but very well done: Home from the Hill with Robert Mitchum and and Eleanor Parker and The Ballad of Cable Hogue with Jason Robards and Stella Stevens.

Today it's all special effects and such and I sometimes believe that often only the small, underfunded studios, can now produce really seriously good work. They try harder I think.

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Lin

yes that's a well known fact, catches lots of people out in quizzes over here. Now, what about "To Have & Have Not" or the "Maltese Falcon", they don't make them like that anymore, come back Sydney & Peter.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Lin

I agree with you entirely, some of the latest movies leave me cold. Whenever there is an old B&W film on TV I record it if I haven't seen it recently, because most of them are worth a second, third or numerous looks, and when watched provide a fresh look at things in them you haven't seen before. Recenly there was a Cagney war film I hadn't seen before "Rue Madellaine", about the French resistance in WW2, I've watched a few minutes of it and left it for viewing the next wet afternoon, which looks like today.

Incidentally, after much soul searching I decided not to up-date my computer, or sell my Nikon gear and buy a camcorder. I have however changed from Nikon to Canon & bought an EOS 50D & a couple of EF lenses. Hopefully it will keep me happy for the next couple of years. Just been struggling to get my Elements 6 to recognise the raw files in the new camera, however I had an Idea I would need a plug in from Adobe, which BB confirmed so I have installed it and can now open raw files again, just have to tackle the NX2 software now. Life was much easier when you took your film to the chemists (drug store) to be processed.

Kind Regards Eric

Yachtsman1

Guest Yachtsman1

Further to my previous post about being careful, this article was on my desktop this morning.

US file-sharer gets $700,000 fine

Joel Tenenbaum said he was glad he had not been fined millions

A US student has been ordered to pay $675,000 (£404,000) to four record labels for breaking copyright laws after sharing music online.

The Boston University student, Joel Tenenbaum, had admitted in court that he had downloaded and distributed 30 songs at issue in the case.

It is the second such case to go to trial in the US.

In the first case, a woman in Minneapolis was ordered to pay $1.92m for sharing 24 songs.

On Friday, the jury ordered Mr Tenebaum to pay $22,500 for each infringement. The maximum that he could have been fined was $4.5m.

Following the ruling, he said he was glad the fine had not been in the millions.

"That to me sends a message of 'We considered your side with some legitimacy'," he said, according to the Associated Press news agency.

But his lawyer said the verdict was not fair and that he planned to appeal.

Yachtsman1 :(

Excellent presentation Davy. I love the old photos. Wasn't Ingrid Bergman a classic beauty. They dont make 'em like that anymore.

Andrew.

Andrew,

Thanks for the comments.

Bergman was eye candy alright. Love the old B/W films.

When men were men and women were women and there was nothing inbetween :)

Davy