WnSoft Forums

Creating an exe file

Mike Reed

I am running beta 9 of 5.7. I have saved a sequence titled as ........ v8 but when I go to create an Exe file PTE tells me that it is saved as my version 5 this being the last time I created an EXE file of this piece of work. Why is it not creating the Exe file with the same title as the saved sequence i.e v8 and is it overwriting my previously saved version? In my saved work is the.......... v8 PTE file but not the EXE

To make matters worse. I thought it might just be a case of closing Pte and reopening it. But now I get the message Images not found.

I therefore found on my hard drive the previous version which for me was Beta 5 and wanted to reload that but which of the numerous files is the programme file? There does not seem to be an obvious one.

Hi Mike,

I'm sorry, but I don't understand what you are saying exactly.

I understand you are using 5.7 beta version 9.

When you say you have "saved" a "sequence" do you mean you have saved the PTE file?

What happens exactly when you click on "create as?" What is the file name suggested and what is the folder name?

Where and when do you get a message about "saved as my version 5?" What is the exact wording and which keys did you press to get this message?

If you open a version 5.0 through 5.64 PTE file with the 5.7 beta 9 then save it with the same file name as you opened, it will no longer be able to be opened with 5.0 through 5.64.

There is no reason to load beta 5 if you have beta 9 on your system - any of the 5.7 beta versions will be essentially the same as far as saving a file and being able to open it.

If you can be very specific about what is happening, then perhaps we can figure out what the solution is to the problem before it gets any more confusing.

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Mike,

I'm sorry, but I don't understand what you are saying exactly.

I understand you are using 5.7 beta version 9.

When you say you have "saved" a "sequence" do you mean you have saved the PTE file?

What happens exactly when you click on "create as?" What is the file name suggested and what is the folder name?

Where and when do you get a message about "saved as my version 5?" What is the exact wording and which keys did you press to get this message?

If you open a version 5.0 through 5.64 PTE file with the 5.7 beta 9 then save it with the same file name as you opened, it will no longer be able to be opened with 5.0 through 5.64.

There is no reason to load beta 5 if you have beta 9 on your system - any of the 5.7 beta versions will be essentially the same as far as saving a file and being able to open it.

If you can be very specific about what is happening, then perhaps we can figure out what the solution is to the problem before it gets any more confusing.

Best regards,

Lin

Ok Lin here we go.

I do see that Igor will make some changes in Beta 10. However I will relate what happened.

Yes I am using 5.7 beta 9

When I said I had saved a sequence I meant that it was saved as a PTE file and I called it ......V8 as it was my eighth attempt to get it as I wanted it.

When I click on create and select Create Exe file I get the message Creating (there is no choice option to name the exe file) the bottom bar says creating and shows the % completed. When completed it gives me the file string eg J/c-drive/my avs/........v5

Version 5 was the last one I saved from which I had previously created an Exe file.

Before Beta 9 it would have created the Exe file as ............v8 ie taking the file title automatically from the title of my last saved Pte file.

Please forget my previous comment about not being able to find the images. I think that due to finger trouble I managed to move the appropriate file to another destination.

Kind regards

Mike