WnSoft Forums

NEED DESPERATE WEDDING HELP

tdhross

Hello everyone,

My wedding is tomorrow, and I am panicking.

I purchased PicturestoEXE 5.6, and have created a long slideshow for myself and my bride.

The problem is, the computer I created it on does not have a dvd burner, necessitating that I move the slideshow to another computer to burn to a disk.

I am worried about doing this, however, because of the file paths that each slide is associated with (some of the images were from the PC's hard drive, some from an external hard drive).

PLEASE TELL ME HOW I CAN DO THIS...I AM IN BIG TROUBLE IF I HAVE TO START AGAIN.

Thanks in advance.

Jonathan

Jonathan,

Does it have to be on the DVD format? You can create the EXE file and save it to a jump drive or comething that could be used on another computer.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think burning the DVD will be difficult (not impossible) on another computer. You would probably need to use an external hard drive to help with the images.

Dennis

It has to be a dvd format so I can just hand it to the reception hall to play easily.

What should I do? I have an external hard drive to transport the file...I just don't have all the images on that hard drive, which would ruin the original file paths...correct?

You may try a virtual DVD burner. Nero or Alcohol 120% should have one.

Then you can burn the DVD image on the virtual burner and transfer it on the other PC and then, finally, burn the iso image on the physical disk on the other pc.

Greetings! Umberto

Hi Jonathan

Wishing you and your bride every happiness and hope all works well for tomorrow. biggrin.gifsmile.gifbiggrin.gif

Possible quick solution:

On the computer you have created the slideshow on.

Open your completed PTE slideshow in 5.6

Go to top left corner File / create a backup in zip

Save that zip file onto an external drive or a pen drive you can then plug unto the second (DVD burning) computer.

When external plugged into second computer, open the zip folder.

Assume you have PTE 5.6 on the second computer too.

Open PTE 5.6

Open the pte wedding file (Ie Picturesto Exe project file) from the zipped folder on your external drive.

When it was saved as a zip all the images, sound ,and pte file will have been parcelled together and now should open successfully on the second computer.

You will need to have also purchased PTE deluxe edition ( Deluxe Edition: $75 ) to burn the DVD.

http://www.wnsoft.com/order.htm

Go to create slideshow and follow instructions to burn the DVD

Contact me if you have a problem.

Best Wishes to you both,

Maureen

Hi Jonathan,

This is really an easy situation to resolve.

In PTE go to "File" then "Create Backup In Zip"

This will gather all necessary files into a zip archive which you can transfer to any computer running PTE. Just create a folder on the external drive and unzip (extract) the files into that folder and everything will be right in one place.

You can then use PTE Video builder to burn the DVD on the other system. Of course this assumes you have PTE on the other computer.

I just noticed that Maureen has suggested the same thing on your other post....

Best regards,

Lin

Snap Lin ! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Great minds think alike biggrin.gif

The main thing is to relax and enjoy your wedding day.

You can laugh with the grandchildren in years to come about any hiccups.

I got married with my contact lenses in the wrong eyes but still married the right man.

Just make sure you marry the right person !

Have a great day and I'm sure we'll all be thinking of you both and everyone sends best wishes smile.gif

Welcome to PTE and the Forum too

Best Wishes

Maureen

Try a quick e-mail to WnSoft and pay the extra $26 for the DeLuxe version

Will try to contact them - don't know if they've left the Office by now.

Best Wishes

Maureen

Hi Jonathan

If you only bought the standard version you can still make a DVD, but you have to use another program alongside PTE. After you've transported the PTE project in a zipfile (as per instructions in the other post) to your computer with the DVD burner, do this:

1. From the Create menu, choose 'create AVI file.

2. An options box will pop up - click "DVD-Video Disk" then "create AVI".

3. Save the AVI file to your desktop or specific folder. This is a temporary file that will automatically be deleted at the end of the process.

4. An info box will pop up after the file has been saved instructing you to use another program to create the DVD.

5. Don't close PTE - leave it running, and browse your programs for Windows Movie Maker (a freebie from Microsoft)

6. Open this, then drag the AVI file on to the storyboard at the bottom of the screen.

7. Click the Publish to DVD option. A message will appear saying that the program will close and hand a saved project file to Windows DVD Maker.

8. This will then open and let you save the video to a DVD. After its finished burning, you can close all the programs.

Hope this helps, and have a great day!

Ian