WnSoft Forums

OFF TOPIC PLUG

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi All!

Finally this Off topic topic came back to it´s original Off topic topic. :rolleyes:

I find Barrys comments adds a subject to my Someday to do list. I have attended and also been organizing a lot of such events as Auto Shows etc. and never thought of the "background noise" problem. However, next to do is to raise the question with as many organizers as I can think of.

/Lennart

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi All

Just to wrap this up, I've checked the 160 pictures I took yesterday, 95 have been edited as being acceptable for inclusion in an AV show, of the 95 I can only find three without "clutter", I can only include one as the others may offend. I have included another which illustrates the difficulty in getting a clean shot at this type of event. Wensleydale Agricultural Show is now over for 2009.

Yachtsman1 :P

post-5560-12516712498_thumb.jpg

post-5560-12516713129_thumb.jpg

Hi All

Just to wrap this up, I've checked the 160 pictures I took yesterday, 95 have been edited as being acceptable for inclusion in an AV show, of the 95 I can only find three without "clutter", I can only include one as the others may offend. I have included another which illustrates the difficulty in getting a clean shot at this type of event. Wensleydale Agricultural Show is now over for 2009.

Yachtsman1 tongue.gif

ERIC

were you able to get any of the collies working?

are you happy with your new lens?

ken

Eric,

I hope I don't offend but I have noticed an improvement in the image quality of the images here compared with previous ones you have posted.

......<snip>.....are you happy with your new lens?

ken

Given Kens comment I assume you have some new equipment. I think it is working well for you.

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Ken & John

Ken sorry, didn't get any collies, in fact I didn't see any. However last night on TV we have a programme called Countryfile, which is a documentary type show depicting life in the country. Last night's show had quite a bit of sheep/dog action. If you log on to BBC or Google countryfile you can watch repeats on their IPlayer system, not sure if Countryfile is one they are repeating but it's wort a punt.

John, the lens used in the pictures posted only arrived from Amazon 10 minutes before we left for the show, it's a Canon EF 17-40 F4L zoom. it replaced the one received damaged from a company named Camerabox a month ago. Took a month to get my money back from them. 90% of the pictures in the Scottish exe were taken with a Canon EF 70-200 F4.5-5.6 L zoom, and processed through the Photomatix HDR system, which I am totally un-familiar with, and the lens struggled in the conditions.

Incidentally if there is anyone from Amazon UK reading this, I have tried to complain about how you packed a £600 lens for postage by Royal Mail, your system won't let me send this picture.

Yachtsman1

post-5560-125169718054_thumb.jpg

Hi Ken & John

Ken sorry, didn't get any collies, in fact I didn't see any. However last night on TV we have a programme called Countryfile, which is a documentary type show depicting life in the country. Last night's show had quite a bit of sheep/dog action. If you log on to BBC or Google countryfile you can watch repeats on their IPlayer system, not sure if Countryfile is one they are repeating but it's wort a punt.

John, the lens used in the pictures posted only arrived from Amazon 10 minutes before we left for the show, it's a Canon EF 17-40 F4L zoom. it replaced the one received damaged from a company named Camerabox a month ago. Took a month to get my money back from them. 90% of the pictures in the Scottish exe were taken with a Canon EF 70-200 F4.5-5.6 L zoom, and processed through the Photomatix HDR system, which I am totally un-familiar with, and the lens struggled in the conditions.

Incidentally if there is anyone from Amazon UK reading this, I have tried to complain about how you packed a £600 lens for postage by Royal Mail, your system won't let me send this picture.

Yachtsman1

Eric

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00mfkvt/Countryfile_30_08_2009/

Currently BBC iPlayer TV programmes are available to play in the UK only, but all BBC iPlayer Radio programmes are available to you. Why?

If you are in the UK and see this message please read this advice.

Go to Radio channels home page

Just thought that collie/sheep shots would have an acceptable background - after all hollywood made a movie

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0112431/

Comedy, Drama, Family, Fantasy

box_office.gif$63,659,000

ken

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Barry & Ken

Barry, maybe I struggled, the weather was dull & stormy and hazy across the Firth, the smallest size I could use was 70mm so the amount of picture was not really suited to landscapes. The HDR shots were all taken with the camera on the Av setting with manual focus as Photomatix suggests. So I wasn't happy. The lens has taken some good pictures in a different environment, but I haven't really used it for the reason it was bought yet. Couple of previous non HDR shots attached.

Ken I wasn't aware you couldn't access iPlayer, but now I've followed the links I can understand why you can't, Licence Fee!!!!

That's why we in the UK pay £142.50 for the privilege. Maybe soon.

Yachtsman1

post-5560-125171322133_thumb.jpg

post-5560-125171328489_thumb.jpg

post-5560-125171331666_thumb.jpg

post-5560-125171356554_thumb.jpg