WnSoft Forums

[FORUM] Personal Avatar

jevans

There is obviously a simple answer to this question but I cannot find it in the "search" facility. When I edit my profile, the original image is still there. I have tried to upload a new one but this will not replace the exiting one, even if I remove the original first. Give me a clue someone

Regards

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

I'm not certain what the problem is, but here's a possible solution:

Rename the avatar or photo file on your source drive. Place the "new" avatar or photo in the same folder as the old one and rename it to the former name of the one which you can't seem to remove. Try to upload using the same file name and see what happens.

If the problem is resolved, then the issue must be in the forum software. If it's not resolved, then we could assume that the avatar or photo is being stored elsewhere after being uploaded from your system, etc., perhaps on Igor's server.

It's difficult sometimes to work out these issues, but if the forum software is just reloading the old photo each time, this approach should work.

Best regards,

Lin

Jeff/Lin,

I think there is a bug in the forum software. I tried to remove my avatar (with the intention of putting back again). When I tried to save my profile changes I got the warning message (see attached file) and it looked as though the Remove Avatar process had failed. I tried to Cancel out of editing my profile and it wouldn't move off the page I was on. I used the navigation sequence (top left of the screen) to jump back up the forum hierarchy and looked into the FAQ forum. My avatar had gone!

I then reinstated it again by uploading a fresh copy.

regards,

Peter

post-4886-125226650885_thumb.jpg

Thanks guys for the replies. Unfortunately I have lost the original image file so cannot use Lin's solution. I deleted the old avatar and tried to load in a new one. But the old one kept re-appearing and the new one is not loaded. I note that once you have browsed to identify the required image file, there is no "upload" command, just a "save" command. Perhaps the upload command is missing. However it is no great problem. Obviously a bug in the forum system.

Regards

Jeff

Thanks guys for the replies. Unfortunately I have lost the original image file so cannot use Lin's solution. I deleted the old avatar and tried to load in a new one. But the old one kept re-appearing and the new one is not loaded. I note that once you have browsed to identify the required image file, there is no "upload" command, just a "save" command. Perhaps the upload command is missing. However it is no great problem. Obviously a bug in the forum system.

Regards

Jeff

Jeff

here is your original

kenpost-16-12523497816.jpg