WnSoft Forums

[iTunes] Problem with iTunes music

I have just upgraded to Pics to exe 5.6 and am having the same problem I was having with 5.1

When I am trying to add music from my Itunes file it is not recognising the music in pics to exe.

Before I got Itunes there wasnt a problem, but a friend converted all my music so it could be seen in itunes and ever since there has been issues.

I thought the new version would of cured this but obviously not

Any help would be apreciated

Shaun

I have just upgraded to Pics to exe 5.6 and am having the same problem I was having with 5.1

When I am trying to add music from my Itunes file it is not recognising the music in pics to exe.

Before I got Itunes there wasnt a problem, but a friend converted all my music so it could be seen in itunes and ever since there has been issues.

Shaun

what is the extension on the files?

ken

Guest Yachtsman1

Shaun

Hi Shaun

If I was you I wouldn't keep my music files for PTE in an Itunes file. I keep my music I use for PTE in a folder named MP3. Then when I use a download from the site I use exclusively Amazon, it goes into the Media player library, and also puts a copy into my MP3 folder, as an MP3 file which I then edit/mix in Audacity. I'm not sure what format you download from ITunes, I gave it a try but like you came unstuck & reverted to Amazon which puts a separate download programme onto my machine which I can edit to my own preference. Don't know if that helps? Have you tried one of the free conversion programmes to convert your existing music.

Off topic I think this post should have made made in the software section of the forum.

Yachtsman1

Shaun

Hello Shaun,

As Dave said: "iTunes uses Apple Audio Codec (AAC) proprietary files and if your library has been converted to AAC, PTE will not recognize them."

I hope that your friend did not convert all your music files to AAC (or AIFF).

First, thats no problem with iTunes, you can play your files, but you can not use them in PTE.

Second, there is a solution, if you want to spend some time with it:

Here we go.

Make a copy of your music files in a safe place on your HD (or desktop HD).

You find your music files under "My Music/iTunes".

It could be a big one, all is depending on how many music files you have (make also a copy of the Artwork & the Library files).

All this to play safe and keep your original music files in place.

Do the converting with the duplicates.

CHOOSE THE MP3 ENCODER:

In the iTunes program go to the "Edit" menu /Preferences/General.

Next to "When you insert a CD:", click on the button "Import Settings".

In "Import Settings" click "Import Using", choose "MP3 Encoder".

Choose the quality you want to convert your music files in, you can go just as far as 320 kbps.

Click OK.

IF YOU WANT WMA FILES TO BE CONVERTED:

In the "File" menu, go to "Add folder to library..." and click on it, a window opens "Add to Library".

Go to the place on your HD where you stored the duplicate music files (look for the folder you want the music to be converted in mp3).

You have to find the path by clicking on the left "Computer" and then the path, something like ".../Music/iTunes/iTunes Music".

Click on the folder name of your choice, the folder will be selected.

Click on the button "Select Folder".

iTunes will ask you to convert all the music files in that folder to mp3. Confirm, and you are done.

Repeat to convert other WMA files.

CREATING YOUR OWN MP3 CD

You can use iTunes to create CDs of music in MP3 format.

Before you burn a CD, you need to create a playlist containing the songs you want on the CD.

You can store more than 12 hours of music, or about 150 songs, on a 650 MB CD-R disc. (You can see the size of the selected playlist at the bottom of the iTunes window.)

All depends of the quality you have choosen 128 - 320 kbps.

You can use a CD-RW disc.

To create an MP3 CD:

1. Select the playlist containing the songs you want to burn to the CD, and make sure all the songs you want to include have a checkmark beside them.
  2. Insert a blank disc and click Burn Disc.
  3. Select MP3 CD as the Disc Format and click Burn.

Now you can use the CD to copy this mp3 music in the folder of PTE.

IMPORTANT:

If your playlist includes songs purchased from the iTunes Store (in M4P format), they aren't burned to the CD. The M4P files are protected.

Hope this helps.

Greetings,

Cor