WnSoft Forums

audio file missing

Betsymikula

I caanot get rid of one missing audio file. I get a message when closing that a file is missing.

I have gone through each slide, chosen music tab, but cannot find it.

Is there any easy way to find it so I can delete it.

I am almost finished with the show and need to preview it for a group in two days.

Betsy

Betsy

You need to look into the Project Options and then the Music tab. If there is a track title in there that you have now discarded remove the link to it.

If that doesn't do the trick, you must have a sound file linked to an individual image.

In that case, open your slide show into PTE and make sure you can see the thumbnails along the bottom of the screen. Highlight slide 1 and then use the cursor control keys (those arrows up/down - left/right) skip from image to image while looking at the top right of your screen, where it says add sound. Any stray music/sound files will soon show up, then remove the one that is causing the error.

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Betsy

There is a programme called Project Reporter that some kind person on here devised (Can't remember who) use the search box. Open project reporter insert your show & it will display all the content, including which slide has the music file attached.

Yachtsman1

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Barry

I can only assume you haven't used Project Reporter? The hard part is downloading it and putting it somewhere where you can find it. Which is simple really. Then all you have to do is double click the icon add your show and you can see at a glance what and where it is installed. Just imagine the possibility Betsy has a 600 slide show? using your suggestion would take forever IMHO.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1

Eric

Well, of course you know best.

In my naivety I was just trying to keep the answer simple and assumed the question was made by a newer user of PTE who is not likely to make a 600 image slide show. Who does? Present company accepted of course.

I don't know what I was thinking ! Lets hope Betsy hasn't slit her wrists in frustration.