WnSoft Forums

New Tutorial on 3D Cube Creation and Manipulation

Lin Evans

Subsequent to my demo the other day (Crittercube) of a rotating 3D cube created in PTE 6.0 beta, theDom posted a very nice free template for PTE forum visitors to use to insert their own images and instantly have a very nice 3D cube with text and images.

Following, there was some discussion and one or two forum members were curious about how this was done. It is much easier to see visually than to explain verbally, so I created an AVI tutorial which shows the exact steps one may use to create and manipulate their own 3D cubes in PTE version 6.

A couple years ago, JPD did this "the hard way" with an older version of PTE and with the incredible new 3D transform feature added by the Igor and the developers of PTE, it's quite easy to do now once one understands the 3D transform features and especially the Pan Z function.

I placed the zipped AVI and zipped PTE files in the PTE For Smarties section and reworked some of that post to make it easier to find the sections. Now they are numbered in red and you will find this tutorial at number 18.

Here's a link to the section for anyone interested:

http://www.picturest...topic=7901&st=0

Here's a direct link to the AVI tutorial:

http://www.learntoma...ubecreation.zip

Lin

.......there was some discussion and one or two forum members were curious about how this was done. It is much easier to see visually than to explain verbally, so I created an AVI tutorial which shows the exact steps one may use to create and manipulate their own 3D cubes in PTE version 6.

Lin

Hi Lin,

Thanks a lot for this tutorial, a very good example of education on a difficult subject.

And btw, everything goes smooth and easy on the (Intel)iMac with Quicktime player 7.6.4.

Regards,

Henri.

Hi Henri, John,

Thanks! The PTE file has also been zipped and added underneath the link to the AVI in the PTE Made Easy (PTE For Smarties) section of the tutorials forum for anyone to experiment with....

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Henri, John,

Thanks! The PTE file has also been zipped and added underneath the link to the AVI in the PTE Made Easy (PTE For Smarties) section of the tutorials forum for anyone to experiment with....

Best regards,

Lin

This is an excellent tutorial! With the added bonus of now having the PTE Project file available, it will be easier to understand.

Thanks Lin, for your continued help with all things to do with Pictures To Exe.

Ron

Lin..

Thanks for the tutorial. Perfect. Shed lots of light on the subject.

One suggestion: I think you should make your hat a bit more 'pointy'...you are a wizard! :D

Sincerely,

Gary

==========================

...Following, there was some discussion and one or two forum members were curious about how this was done. It is much easier to see visually than to explain verbally, so I created an AVI tutorial which shows the exact steps one may use to create and manipulate their own 3D cubes in PTE version 6. ...

Lin

• 3 weeks later...