WnSoft Forums

What about Audio MP4 files?

goddi

Greetings,

I now have a new PC with Windows7. One of the programs included is the Nero Essentials that allows me to RIP audio file from my CDs. I see that the only 2 choices in this program are to RIP the audio files to Wave or to MP4 formats.

I see that PTE does not have the MP4 audio format in the possible music files formats that it recognizes.

I would rather not go though another conversion step to convert them to MP3. Do I have to use a different RIP program or will PTE eventually allow the use of MP4 audio files?

Thanks... Gary

Tom...

Yes, I saw The WMP12 in Windows7. But I didn't realize that the RIP menu would not appear until you actually put a CD in a drive. Once I put a CD in, the RIP menu came up. In WMP10, the RIP menu showed up without a CD in the drive.

Ok...that was solved. Thanks. But I would still like to know why mp4 audio files are not a choice in PTE's music menu choice.

Thanks...

Gary

=================

I think Windows Media Player in Windows 7 still supports ripping to wma, wav, or mp3 format.

post-2058-12579684068_thumb.jpg

Tom

Hi Gary,

I just sent you a P.M about this and the reasons why ~ also as far as I recollect the Win-Player will not

convert CD-Audio Tracks directly to Mp3. It firstly converts to WMA Format and thereafter to Mp3 provided

the Musical content is not protected by DRM encoding. (Digital Rights Management Utility).

I have also included a few suggestions in my P.M. which you might like to try out.

regards,

Brian(Conflow).

Hi Brian,

The Windows Media Play 12, that is in Windows7, does let you choose MP3 directly in its menu. If that is now illegal, they had better start hiring a lot more policeman. :)

Maybe if I run into a DRM protected CD, the process will stop but I have never run into this issue. Thanks for the PM.

Gary

==========================

Hi Gary,

I just sent you a P.M about this and the reasons why ~ also as far as I recollect the Win-Player will not

convert CD-Audio Tracks directly to Mp3. It firstly converts to WMA Format and thereafter to Mp3 provided

the Musical content is not protected by DRM encoding. (Digital Rights Management Utility).

I have also included a few suggestions in my P.M. which you might like to try out.

regards,

Brian(Conflow).

Tom...

I had never heard of audio mp4 files, only video mp4 files. I'll put the request in the Suggestion Forum. Thanks... Gary

==============================

My guess is when Igor decided what audio formats to support a few years ago mp3 was the most popular format and could be easily played on the existing computer hardware. You should suggest adding mp4 audio to PTE supported file formats in the ideas and suggestions sub forum. AAC mp4 sound quality is superior to mp3 for various technical reasons.

Tom

• 3 weeks later...