WnSoft Forums

How about some simple templates with demo?

backpack45scb

There are so much information in the forum that it is really quite daunting to search for an example of one particular effect. In Igor's YouTube demo pinned to the top of the templates section, the first 15 seconds are wonderful, and I would like to seea template with the exact timeline, music and customization. I've done some searching, but can't find a similar example. I'm looking for subtle and seductive rather than wow, how did they do that. i.e. is that a zoom of the title or a zoom of a comment, etc.

Ralph,

Whilst I can understand the desire of PTE users for some kind of "fast track" to their learning, there really is no better way of understanding how to animate than by practising for yourself.

Put an object on an image, give it a couple of keyframes and then play around with the little up/down arrow buttons beside each of the Pan, Zoom and Rotate fields. Take it one step at a time. Get to understand Zoom before starting on Pan. Get to understand Pan before starting on Rotate. Get to understand simple rotate about object centre before trying to rotate about an offset centre. Only combine several events after you understand each event in isolation. Learn to crawl before you walk, and to walk before you run.

When you feel that you understand how the values here influence the behaviour of your object, open up the 3d Parameters window and play around with the up/down arrows and the Show front/Show back fields.

This step-by-step practical approach will teach you far more about the control of animation than any attempt to reverse engineer someone else's work.

Also, visit Lin Evans's website and download some of his tutorials on the subject.

regards,

Peter

In Igor's YouTube demo pinned to the top of the templates section, the first 15 seconds are wonderful

RalphA, could you please givea link because I don't see this demo in the templates section.

I'm looking for subtle and seductive rather than wow, how did they do that. i.e. is that a zoom of the title or a zoom of a comment, etc.

I agree with Peter, I don't think there is a need for such templates because you can do it in a few clicks.

With the help of tutorials, you will be able to apply simple pans & zooms probably quicker and with more ease than you thought. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for the replies. Sorry for the slow response - had to be gone for a week. I will go back to trial and error - that is how I learn most things. I have found though, that sometimes looking over the shoulder of an expert can cause a "Eureka Moment" saving weeks of learning time. I was wrong about the location of Igor's video - it was one level up from templates http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10394

My discovered by trial and error recipe for the video above:

1. Build slide show

2. For my 1024x768 originals, going to YouTube I specified the options as follows:

screen-screen and slide options - fullscreen, aspect ratio 16:9, virtual size 1280:720

In the Create-Publish on YouTube I specified HD

3. For each slide in show:

select slide and click objects and animation

right click the blue highlighted keyframe time on the left under the image

click clone keyframe

drag cloned keyframe to the right edge of the timeline, just before the image disappears

click the image, and drag the top of the image up a little - maybe 5%

close the objects and animation window

customize the timing duration of the slide as desired

customize the fade effect duration as desired