WnSoft Forums

Program difficulties

snapshots photo

I've successfully created one show and have moved onto #2, but am encountering several problems. Yes, I've written support@, but thought I'd post my message here and find help sooner.

I'm creating a slide show w/only 4 song tracks, and 130 photos. I am unable to use the preview button without it locking up. I've spent a day and a half fussing with the thing and finally this morning, dumped every trace of that show and started over.

I added the images and did all my project options and then hit Create. I was able to create and save the show, but it won't allow me to make any changes or add any more slides to the show. When I attempt this, it just locks up again.

Can anyone advise? This was so easy the first time, I can't understand the problem this time. I don't think that's too many slides or an overload of music, is it?

Thanks,

Terri :unsure:

Hello Terri!

It's a very strange problem.

Did you tried to save your project file (Main menu | File | Save) BEFORE clicking of the "Create" button? As minimum it will save all your settings and you will able to continue work with earlier composed project of the slide show.

After you've saved your project, press "Create" button and then try to run produced .exe file (via Windows Explorer, not from PicturesToExe).

Will this .exe file be successfully started and played?

If not, try to remove music in the PicturesToExe and produce new .exe file again. If it will help, then please let me know the following:

1) Version of PicturesToExe;

2) Version of Windows;

3) Your PC (CPU, memory size, screen resolution)

4) Usual graphical size of your pictures (in pixels), file size (in KBytes) and type (Jpeg or BMP).

5) File size of music files (and is it mp3 or wavs?)

Igor,

I'm getting very frustrated and am spending inordinate amounts of time trying to get this to work. Perhaps I should just uninstall it, and start over. I have version 4.12 on a DELL Inspiron 8200 laptop w/ 1GB memory. The total show I'm currently having trouble with is only 630MB.

I've printed out the "instruction" manual and have followed it step-by-step. They refer to icons and settings that I don't even have.

No matter what I do, the Navigation Bar will not appear. It doesn't matter if it's checked or not.

When I can get it to create a slide show, it plays erratically. Slides double up and sometimes get 'stuck' on the same slide for a while.

I've wasted several CD's in the past couple days and am tired of trying anymore. Do you agree with the uninstall and reinstall?

I don't want to be a pain, but I've tried so many different things, and it's not all "operator error."

Thanks,

Terri

snapshots photography

Terri,

Navigation bar doesn't appear in teh sychronized mode when you exactly assigned time of show for slides on the time-line.

Please let me know if you used this mode for showing slides and what time interval between two slides.

Also I'd grateful if you could send me project file (it's a small .pte file only) of your presentation to igor@wnsoft.com

When you make changes in a presentation, you always need to click "Create" button to produce updated .EXE file with your show.

I advice you to press Ctrl+F9 and it produces new .EXE file and automatically runs it.

p.s. you said that your presentation is 630 Mb and it's very large file! Probably you've used WAV music files or not reduced BMP or JPEG images from digital camera? I recommend to use mp3 music files and JPEG images with resolution 1024x768 or 1280x1024 at 100-300 Kb per each image file.

Thanks you for your patience,

OK, Igor, I think I have this figured out. I was easily able to create a show this weekend!

Yes, the files apparently are too big. Thus I will re-size them all before adding them to my slide show. I understand the navigation bar will not be available if I'm synchronizing the music to the duration of the show. Makes perfect sense.

It appears to work fine for me with .wav files. In this current show, I've added both and appear to have no problem.

Once the project options are to my liking, I'm doing a CTRL +F9, and then a SAVE AS when I'm satisfied with the whole thing. Apparently it saves it as the .exe and the .pte.

I still don't understand the PREVIEW button and when I might use that.

The other options in project options as far as comments and messages, I still haven't figured out yet, but I'm sure with experimentation, I'll figure it out.

My only "complaint" and I use the term hesitantly, is that the printable instructions aren't real clear. I sort of could figure out what button will accomplish what, but there is so much to the program, that I think it could be more detailed. For instance, the file size issue. Had I known that up front, I probably wouldn't have had trouble. The first show I did, only had 52 images, so even though they were huge, it still ran fine because there werent' so many.

Thanks for helping me to work through this. I really appreciate your time.

Terri Shaver :)

Terri,

Glad to see you are undre way now. it has been said before that the best help file for P2E is to search this forum, most problems have been encountered before. I'll just mention the preview button, this allows you to see your show in full screen mode before you create the final exe. file. It is a handy tool as it returns you to the place you were in, in the programme i.e. customise syncro or, front page. It saves you having to re launch P2E and load the project if you find that the running order is not as you wished. Preview would be the last stop before create.

Good look,

Alan