WnSoft Forums

Please Help!

shutterbug530

I just purchased PTE yesterday. Its version 4.14. Everything looks and sounds great when I preview my slideshow, then when I burn to CD, the music is totally goofy! Its breaking up and stalling, and sounds terrible. I'm using a song from a disc that I own, that I converted to MP3 using dBPower AMP Music Converter. How can I fix this please??

Welcome Shutterbug!

It's very difficult to understand what happens to your mp3...

To help you we need some further information :

- How large is your presentation? What is the average size (KB) of your pictures?

- You say your presentation sounds great when you "preview" it: do you mean "preview in PTE" or "[pre]view" .exe file created with PTE ?

- Some information about your hardware (CPU, Ram, hdd).

- The software you use to burn CD's.

Didn't know I could preview the .exe file

My expression was not exact. You cannot "preview" the .exe file. But you must create it when your work is finished, and run it to verify that all works well.

Does your .EXE show sound well from the hard disk, and not from CD?

I usually try to resize the photos down. The finished file size is 100-500kb I have a 2.5 Ghz machine and even it will choke when I run large photos too fast. When it does it is usually the sound you will notice first, skipping and stopping. If I am making a show for someone else I also will make the MP3 file smaller just to try to make it easier on their computer. I use Audacity for that.

Good Luck!

Mike

Another thing you have to consider is the read rate of your CD rom. I think this is the main cause of your problem as the system cannot deliver the images and sound fast enough if it needs to read from a CD rom drive. I always recomend that the exe. file be copied to HD and then played.

Alan

It's a really strange problem. Probably this problem in sound drivers or in the CD-R disk or in CD-ROM drive. Windows can't normally read some places on the disk and then skips occur. I just created test show with 21 photos (2,5 Mb, 2240x1680) and several MP3 tracks (256 kbit/s) - 70 Mb of EXE file and it plays OK under Athlon 1600 and even on Pentium 233 Mhz, 64 MB RAM, 50x CD-ROM drive.

However I very want to help you solve this problem!

First please try this writen CD-R disk on another PC.

Also try to write the CD-R disk with speed not more than 16x and use high-quality CD-R disk.