WnSoft Forums

Adding music

pbear-1

Although it has been a while I have added music to slideshows many times in the past This time, however, I cannot get the program to sync. I am using P2E Deluxe 6.0. I have set up 6 tracks of music totalling 37'53'' to which I set a show of 366 slides. No matter how I set it up ( project option, auto sync or timeline set, last music to end on last slide, etc) the music wants to run several minutes past the last slide. Could it be that the bird sounds at the beginning and end of each music track without actual music are being misinterpreted in the length of music estimate? Any help would be most appreciated. (I have not yet gone to other music to see if there is a difference).

Go to the "Timeline" Click on the "Timed Points" button the click on "Arrange All Points." This should solve your problem....

Lin

Although it has been a while I have added music to slideshows many times in the past This time, however, I cannot get the program to sync. I am using P2E Deluxe 6.0. I have set up 6 tracks of music totalling 37'53'' to which I set a show of 366 slides. No matter how I set it up ( project option, auto sync or timeline set, last music to end on last slide, etc) the music wants to run several minutes past the last slide. Could it be that the bird sounds at the beginning and end of each music track without actual music are being misinterpreted in the length of music estimate? Any help would be most appreciated. (I have not yet gone to other music to see if there is a difference).

After arranging all points on the timeline, what does the "graph" show as a relationship between images and sound? Does the sound end at the end of the last slide in the graph, or does it end sometime after the display of the last image?

How did you add the music/bird sounds? Are they all added via Project Options or do you have some sounds/music added to individual slides? Are all music selections mp3 format or otherwise?

If your show wasn't so large, I would suggest you post a zipped PTE and let us take a look, but it probably would be an unreasonable request.

Lin

I have done both of the above previously; no dice!

Hi Joseph!

You were saying that the music runs past the slides by several minutes.

Did you by any chance ( mistake ) checked the box in, in Project Options music tab -repeate music -?

What is your slideshow lenght without the music? And what is your music lenght without the slideshow?

Did you create a soundtrack separetly in an audio editing program or just added in PTE one after the other?

If you have a mixed audio track of equal lenght of the slideshow ( + - a few seconds ) and you have this issue, then try to remove the audio in Project Option,-Save project,-close program. Re-open PTE and add the sound track, then-Save As, with a different name.

Close program. Open the new save and try to see and adjust how the audio lines up with the slides.

I found if I fiddle a lot around it can easily becomes an issue. I need to clear things out.

See if it works for you, it did for me a few times.

But if you can fire it off to Lin after this will not help, I'm sure he will figure it out for you.

Laszlo

Thanks Lin and Laszio,

I will try and answer Lin first before I try and send anything or try Laszio's recommendation. Here goes:

(1)All music was added in Project Options.

(2) All are MP3s.

(3) I set up all 6 to run consecutively with no specific ties to any slides. The total time based on the CD designation of each track and the total shown on P2E match, i.e., 37'53".

(4) As for the graph, the number under the main image says 37'53". The graph shows slide #365 (of 366 total) to be positioned at 37'41" on the graph. For some reason I cannot see the final slide (#366) but each slide is positioned 6.2 seconds apart so # 366 is presumably at the 37'47" mark.

Again, thanks much. I will try to follow through on both recommendations as soon as I can manage.

Joe

Hi Joe!

The way I see it from your last note that you have added the tracks one after the other in Project Option.

Don't forget there could be a possible seek time from one track to the other and that can cause a delay at the end.

You should download Audacity a simple free audio editing program were you can easily trim silent passages from the beginning and ends of tracks. Export all to a single solid reliable track that is cut to exact size with proper crossfades and fade in and outs.

Then EXPORT it as a WAV file. MP3 is a compressed file format and can easily behave like JPEG images, each time you resave it you loose from the quality.

Personaly I always use WAV files even if I have to convert MP3 to WAV. I found WAV is being more consistant, stable and all programs have easier time to deal with it. Yes they are larger files but that is a price one pays.

Laszlo

I tried changing the music, leaving the first song with bird sounds at the beginning and end and then adding several tracks of piano music. The music syncs just fine. There is something about the other music/bird sound tracks that is fooling something in P2E.

A bit of closure.

Thanks to 45 minutes on the phone with Lin it was determined that the single final sound track was faulty. Re-ripping it failed to help but replacing it with another track from the same album did the trick. The prompt responses from Laszio and JRR are most appreciated and the beyond the call of duty assistance from Lin warrants an A+. Great forum!

Just a note to forum members.

Joe is one of the finest bird photographers I've had the pleasure of speaking with. We're fortunate here on this forum to actually have two world-class bird photographers, Joe and Artie (Arthur Morris) who are both users of PTE.

Joe, if you have a chance after you present your show at the local bird club and perhaps at the local television station - consider posting it on Beechbrook.com for the forum members to see.

Joe's, slideshow, Decade of Feathered Friends, is a genuine treat to behold. I'm glad we could help resolve the problem and get things moving in the right direction so you can finish it up.

Best regards,

Lin