WnSoft Forums

Abbey of Cluny

dadou

Daniel,

It is magnificent. Thank you for sharing.

I especially like your idea of 3D motion for portrait-format inserts, your choice of transitions and music and the clear black spaces between your sections.

I am mystified about the lady disappearing downstairs - I was expecting a visit to the dungeons or crypt but it never came.

Regards, Jeff

Thank you , Jeff !

Many posibilities now with PTE ; the problem is always the insertion of vertical pictures and I found that this way was correct ...

"I am mystified about the lady disappearing downstairs - I was expecting a visit to the dungeons or crypt but it never came."

This lady was working in an excavation ; this part of the Abbey is the more recent one , and was built above an other which was destroyed ; they are looking for objects or traces of this old period ....

There is no dungeon or crypt , sorry !tongue.gif

Excuse my english ...sad.gif

Daniel

Thanks for posting your AV, I enjoyed it very much and the accompanying text pdf documents were very informative.

Good photography and music.

I agree with all the comment above about the portrait format images, well done.

Thank you , Cici ; happy with the advice of a cultured person !

John, I usualy prefer to use windows to put informations , but I had a problem to do them correctly with the V6 ...I think that it is important to know what one is seing in this case . Thank you for your kind advice .

Bill , I shall do it soon !

Hello Daniel, My wife and I just watched your presentation and I am trying to find the words to describe how beautiful and moving your presentation was. Daniel, this is one of the most beautiful presentations I have seen yet. It played perfectly and full screen on my new MacPro and 24 inch Cinema monitor. The photos are extremely pin sharp and the animations are perfect and the sound track so fitting. May I ask what camera and lens you were using? But it isn't so much the equipment but your capabilities. I purchased this software too late last summer but in December moved to all Mac and I feel like an arm is missing not to have this software. Your kindness is so appreciated to take the time and post this for we Mac users.

Sending you our greetings to you and your family from our little town on Quarryville here in southeastern Pennsylvania, USA.

Daniel, just a note too to commend you on your command of the English language.

Bill and Joyce

Thank you , Bill and Joyce ; it is always a pleasure to show a part of our history ...

Happy that you enjoyed !

My camera is an old 400 D Canon ( Rebel I think in US ) with a 17/40L and a 70/200/ 4L.

One day you will recover the posibility to use PTE !

I appreciate your advice , Lumen Lux !

Regards

Thank you for your advice , Freegle !

I have not the pretention to do a so good slide show as my friend Cici ; he is now at the top of our art , with the slide show experience of a great part of his life .

I just want to present a subject with a pleasant form ... Ones love , other no ... Tomorrow will be better !rolleyes.gif

Daniel

all i can say "they dont build them like they used to"

It just amazes me the workmanship that was accomplished with no power tools !

and with today's technology we can show things for all to enjoy!

great composition, but then we didn't expect anything less from you :)

ken

Thank you for your advice , Freegle !

I have not the pretention to do a so good slide show as my friend Cici ; he is now at the top of our art , with the slide show experience of a great part of his life .

I just want to present a subject with a pleasant form ... Ones love , other no ... Tomorrow will be better !rolleyes.gif

Hi Daniel;

thank You very much for your welfare!

You "jujst want to present a subject with a pleasant form" and perfectly succeeded in that way. You can be proud of this success

Friendly

"It just amazes me the workmanship that was accomplished with no power tools !"

Yes , Ken , this is the good thing: they had developped the building knowledge and , over all , they have passed it to local populations .

Thank you very much for your kind words .

And thank you Cici ; one day with a good beer in Liège or here ! tongue.gif

But the sad thing is "...church was sold to a city of Lyon merchant

and served as a quarry until 1813...". This means (to me) that the church was partially dismantled stone by stone to build other things, not the first time in history.

Jeff

"not the first time in history"

Yes , Jeff ; but in our recent history , in France , this is the only period where it was possible to sell a church in good state to be destroyed for the only reason of being a church ... Many statues were destroyed in front of churches . Also many were saved by inhabitants who hide them ...

Cluny was easily destroyed because it was not in middle of houses or near of them ; in my town , Clermont Ferrand , they wanted to destroy the cathedral , but it was surrouded by houses : dangerous , and the problem was : where to put the stones ?

This period was not a good one for our heritage ....