WnSoft Forums

ANTARCTICA

cottage

Maureen,

Thank you for sharing a part of the world that many of us may never see! Your choice of music, matched with exacting camera white balance, scene composition and image sharpness, reminds me once again why your creativity remains at the very top in professional standards. I applaud you on an extremely pleasing presentation.

Maureen's presentation can be found here.

Bill

Maureen,

Thank you for sharing a part of the world that many of us may never see! Your choice of music, matched with exacting camera white balance, scene composition and image sharpness, reminds me once again why your creativity remains at the very top in professional standards. I applaud you on an extremely pleasing presentation.

Maureen's presentation can be found here.

Bill

Gosh, Bill, that was quick, and thank you for your comments.

Maureen

These pics have been lying around for the last three years doing nothing until I decided it was time to sort them out.

The presentation is sized at 1920*1200; 32.8Mb; approx 65 slides and 7m48s. Probably a bit too long for some but it is such a spectacular environment and I took literally hundreds of pics. The hardest part was deciding what to leave out and maybe I, too, have been more than a little self-indulgent. However....... here they are.

Maureen

Beautiful images filled my 24 inch screen perfectly. Not once did I feel the desire to reach for the "delete" key. You may have felt that it was a bit long, but I didn't. It was captivating. As a newcomer to PTE, this is not only enjoyable to me, but contributes to my understanding of what works and what doesn't. This does!

Don

Well what can I add to all this, another great show, every image a stunner, very ‘watchable’.

Thanks for sharing it

Guys, thanks to all of you who have passed comments. So pleased you enjoyed it as I certainly did making it, despite having to wear an extra 'woolly'.

Maureen

Hello Maureen, Is it possible you could post your Presentation as a Mac Executable too? I would really like to see it. Thanks Bill

Bill - have managed (I hope) to create a MAC version. I was still on V5.6 of PTE so it involved a bit of head scratching until I downloaded V6. After that, it was a piece of cake!

Perhaps you could let me know if it turns out okay, please.

http://www.mediafire.com/?jj4mrmdm2nn

Maureen

These pics have been lying around for the last three years doing nothing until I decided it was time to sort them out.

The presentation is sized at 1920*1200; 32.8Mb; approx 65 slides and 7m48s. Probably a bit too long for some but it is such a spectacular environment and I took literally hundreds of pics. The hardest part was deciding what to leave out and maybe I, too, have been more than a little self-indulgent. However....... here they are.

Maureen

Hello Maureen -

You're quite the traveler, arent you. What impresses me is your affinity for unusual places. I had to do some Google Maps research to see just where you were. Wow - you were way down there, huh. Regarding the show, it was just great! The pictures were stunning, the music was beautifully introspective, and the feeling of being "out there" was powerful. You do such a nice job of presenting your travels to remote places.

Thanks for sharing with us.

Dave

Hello Maureen -

You're quite the traveler, arent you. What impresses me is your affinity for unusual places. I had to do some Google Maps research to see just where you were. Wow - you were way down there, huh. Regarding the show, it was just great! The pictures were stunning, the music was beautifully introspective, and the feeling of being "out there" was powerful. You do such a nice job of presenting your travels to remote places.

Thanks for sharing with us.

Dave

Hi Dave - glad you enjoyed the show and thank you for saying so. Yes, I do get around as I am all for doing what you can WHILE you can. Had a great many years staying at home but have certainly made up for it.

Maureen

Hi Maureen

Absolutely breathtaking images and a wonderful presentation. Although a little long it was justified to do so and it held my attention throughout. Thanks for such great visual entertainment.

Paul

Maureen

Maureen,

Downloaded and saved on to Hardrive along with some PTE 'Keepers'.

If you want this back,you gotta Pay me.

Enough said.

Davy

Outstanding Maureen!

Heretofore, Jeff Schewe and Michael Reichman were my references for Antarctic images...

eg. http://photoshopnews.com/feature-stories/antarctica-expedition/

http://luminous-landscape.com/locations/antarctica-2009-portfolio.shtml

But you have blown the doors off...

What a gorgeous presentation! And the music was so relaxing... Nothing compared to donning your boots and arctic gear I bet... Bet the penguin ranches were odorous too... or was that shampoo the babies were wearing... :)

Thanks

Dick

Maureen,

Downloaded and saved on to Hardrive along with some PTE 'Keepers'.

If you want this back,you gotta Pay me.

Enough said.

Davy

Davy - I want to say this on here but I will email you separately and more fully. I want to thank you for being so honest with me and pointing out the now so obvious flaws in my presentation, mainly in the quality of the music. I'm afraid I'm going to have to closet myself with the Sound Editing Tutorial and really try to improve my editing skills which, as we both agree, are not my strong point. A/V competitions leave me cold.

Thanks again - you're a gem.

Maureen

Outstanding Maureen!

Heretofore, Jeff Schewe and Michael Reichman were my references for Antarctic images...

eg. http://photoshopnews.com/feature-stories/antarctica-expedition/

http://luminous-landscape.com/locations/antarctica-2009-portfolio.shtml

But you have blown the doors off...

What a gorgeous presentation! And the music was so relaxing... Nothing compared to donning your boots and arctic gear I bet... Bet the penguin ranches were odorous too... or was that shampoo the babies were wearing... :)

Thanks

Dick

Hi Dick - many thanks for the links. I have viewed them with great interest and have kept them for looking at again. It seems they went a month or so earlier than we did and probably weren't as lucky with the weather, although they did get some really beautiful light. The voyage through Drake's Passage looked interesting on that smaller boat; don't think I could have looked at a meal during that. We sailed through in a Force 10 but obviously had more stability, thank goodness. Those guys sure had some expensive gear - obviously real enthusiasts! Once again thanks and glad you enjoyed the show.

Maureen