WnSoft Forums

Yellowstone in Winter HD

Almark

HD (1902x1080) version of 'Yellowstone In Winter'.

It is mid April and Yellowstone has only been open two days. Our intended entry from the East is blocked by snow, so we have to do a 300 mile detour to enter from the North...

Download link PC version

Download link Mac version

43MB, less than 5 mins long

HD (1902x1080) version of 'Yellowstone In Winter'.

Download link

43MB, less than 5 mins long

Mark, I enjoyed your Yellowstone show very much.

Narration was good and appreciated.

I do have to take one small exception to your comment that Yellowstone in summer

is clogged and the roads blocked by double wides.

Yes it's a busy place in the warm season but we visited there in late June 2005 and found

the roads quite passable daily and while parking lots at major attractions were near capacity,

we were always able to find a spot to park.

We also found that with just a bit of hiking we could escape much of the hustle and bustle.

Many visitors are either unable or unwilling to venture more than a short distance

from their cars.

Again, the photos and show were very nice to watch.

Thanks for sharing!

Mark, this is very nice in the larger format you have done here. I enjoyed your original presentation, but this really seems to have more impact. Your beautiful photography can shine in this size and clarity.

From your description, can I conclude you were able to do all your sightseeing via car or foot, instead of by snow coach or snowmobile on your April visit? We had planned to be in Yellowstone this very weekend (today), until we got the real $ numbers in our head for such a visit, even though we are only about 6 hours away! Your presentation makes me think to consider a "just opened" date this Spring, similar to yours. I have previously visited Yellowstone in July, when, as your narrative suggested, not even a tent spot could be had. We've also been on Memorial Day, when we had all the non-benefits of winter cold, but not the beauty of abundant snow. I have to say from your photos, that snow-wise, you picked a very good April! Thanks for sharing the experience.

Hi Mark,

Bill is a Mac user.In 'Create' just make an Executable for Mac (as well as the PC Exe).It will make a zipped folder.

When posting AVs now,most people provide a PC and Mac option from the download link.

The widescreen treatment works well with the Yellowstone AV.

Davy

Thanks Davy, I never noticed that. In future I will follow your suggestion and place a mac version as well.

Mark, this is very nice in the larger format you have done here. I enjoyed your original presentation, but this really seems to have more impact. Your beautiful photography can shine in this size and clarity.

From your description, can I conclude you were able to do all your sightseeing via car or foot, instead of by snow coach or snowmobile on your April visit? We had planned to be in Yellowstone this very weekend (today), until we got the real $ numbers in our head for such a visit, even though we are only about 6 hours away! Your presentation makes me think to consider a "just opened" date this Spring, similar to yours. I have previously visited Yellowstone in July, when, as your narrative suggested, not even a tent spot could be had. We've also been on Memorial Day, when we had all the non-benefits of winter cold, but not the beauty of abundant snow. I have to say from your photos, that snow-wise, you picked a very good April! Thanks for sharing the experience.

Robert,

We went by coach on roads that may be passed with a car, but I suspect a 4x4 would be much better/safer. In mid April 2008, the only access was from the North, from Gardiner; and from the West, from West Yellowstone. The roads from the east (Cody) was blocked by snow and so was the road from the south (Jackson Hole). I hope this helps...

Hello Mark, thanks for posting your Yellowstone Presentation in a Mac Version. I really enjoyed it and it played perfectly on my MacPro Quad and it viewed beautifully on the Cinema 24inch. We have been there 3 times and every time it has been a beautiful experience. The last was this past fall and we started in Glacier in the 70s then to Yellowstone with their first snow fall and finally finished in the Grands Tetons with the Aspens in their brilliant display of colors. Once I get a Mac Version of PTE I hope to build and post a presentation here too. Thanks again Bill

Hello Mark, thanks for posting your Yellowstone Presentation in a Mac Version. I really enjoyed it and it played perfectly on my MacPro Quad and it viewed beautifully on the Cinema 24inch. We have been there 3 times and every time it has been a beautiful experience. The last was this past fall and we started in Glacier in the 70s then to Yellowstone with their first snow fall and finally finished in the Grands Tetons with the Aspens in their brilliant display of colors. Once I get a Mac Version of PTE I hope to build and post a presentation here too. Thanks again Bill

Thanks Bill,

I look forward to the Grand Tetons...

• 2 weeks later...

I put my images through DxO labs, just to see what, if any improvement it would make. Overall I was impressed. But i can see the before and after ;-)

The above PTE exe downloads (PC and Mac) are now both updated.