WnSoft Forums

Input Filename before the Create MP4 Process

goddi

Greetings,

I put in this request in the 'Ideas and Suggestion' Topic forum but did not get one response. Maybe I am missing something so let me ask a question.

When I Create an MP4, there are many variable that we can choose to create the file. Sometimes I like to create the same MP4 file but choose difference Presets for different purposes or testing. My problem is that it seems that the only option we have is to create an MP4 using the filename that we used when creating the .pte file. Or we have the option to create a new folder to put this file in but the filename is the default filename.

I have tried to just type a new filename or a new folder name directly into the 'Output folder' window. The Create process goes through but I can never find the file that it supposedly created. Even through a Windows Search, the file can not be found. I don't know where or if it goes anywhere.

The only choice that seems to be available is to do the Create and let the process create an MP4 with the default filename in the default folder, or make a new folder with the default filename.

What I want to do is to have the flexibility to name the MP4 file whatever I what prior to starting the Create process. This is important because I want to put into the filename all of the Presets that I used to make that file right then, and not have to get into MyComputer and rename the file to include all of the Presets I used.

For example, I want to name an MP4 file: 'test-16x9zoom-HD1920x1080LQ-PSN.mp4'. It is a pain to remember how I set the Presets each time I create an MP4 and then have to rename the file after the fact of creating it.

Does anyone else have this concern? I see that Igor is coming up with a new version and I would like this file management tweaking to be included. Or has anyone found a way to rename the MP4 file before you actually do the Create???

Thanks... Gary

Gary,

You make a valid proposal to improve the current operation of the MP4 Export/Convert function.

Whenever there is a SaveAs dialog function added to any file saving operation ... saving/naming options become much more flexable and easier for the user to initiate any filename/filepath changes.

The only choice that seems to be available is to do the Create and let the process create an MP4 with the default filename in the default folder, or make a new folder with the default filename.

The current MP4 Export form has only a saving to folder dialog selection ... and it only supports existing folders and does not create new folders or new filenames on the fly as they say.

Or has anyone found a way to rename the MP4 file before you actually do the Create???

The only current work-around to perform a MP4 rename file ... you must first rename your current Project Name of the .pte file by using the File|SaveAs to create another project file. Currently ... PTE uses the projectname= and the ProjectFilePath= values as its naming directions to export a MP4 file. The current ini file does not save or write any filename values or parameters when saving a MP4 ... only the Preset selection type is saved.

As you mention ... this is a topic of discussion for Ideas and Suggestions section.

Gary,

...You make a valid proposal to improve the current operation of the MP4 Export/Convert function.As you mention ... this is a topic of discussion for Ideas and Suggestions section.

================

Greetings,

Thanks for your concurrence on this issue. It seems more and more users are getting into making the MP4 files and they would fine the current procedure to be a bit frustating. I am surprised there has not been more discussion about this file management issue. It would be nice when someone provides an 'Idea or Suggestion', that Igor's group would give it a thumbs up or thumbs down. I know he is busy with his improvements. I will just have to wait for his next version to see if he has incorporated this 'Idea'. Kinda like waiting to open a Christmas present... :D

Thanks...Gary

• 4 weeks later...