WnSoft Forums

Scene in Suffolk

lenscapp

Hi Barry

Welcome to PTE. As a quick first comment I would say excellent photography and nice to see true verticals, well done. At the moment there is a discussion going on about transitions fro horizontal to vertical shots in a show, some agree, most dont but yours was an effective attempt which would have been stronger if the fade in had been 2 verticals which then faded in and out. Likewsie with the final transition back to horizontal. Also I found the music change a bit jarring and did not quite match up with the images. Welcome show which we be kept, hope to see more.

Mike L Davies

Mersea Island

Hi Barry and welcome. Well done on your first show here. I particularly liked the beach shots with the old abandoned items. Beaches can be interesting places at times.

Others more proficient than I wll comment on the finer points for you, the best advice I can give is listen to that advice and use it.

These guys are the best there is at this.

Andrew

Hi Barry

Welcome to PTE. As a quick first comment I would say excellent photography and nice to see true verticals, well done. At the moment there is a discussion going on about transitions fro horizontal to vertical shots in a show, some agree, most dont but yours was an effective attempt which would have been stronger if the fade in had been 2 verticals which then faded in and out. Likewsie with the final transition back to horizontal. Also I found the music change a bit jarring and did not quite match up with the images. Welcome show which we be kept, hope to see more.

Mike L Davies

Mersea Island

Hi Barry

I would echo Mike Davies' comments regarding the second piece of music you chose. Also, and I must stress that this is only MY opinion albeit everso humble, the use of borders is very subjective. Some workers dislike them but I always use them - just a very thin 2 pixel line, in a very light grey. It is considered that a WHITE line tends to distract the eye from the photograph and I think your pics are strong enough not to need the border you have used.

Keep the a/vs coming Barry. Nice to see someone else contributing.

Maureen

Hi Barry

Very nice show and thought the music went well with the images. I did recognise most of the places Flatford, Aldeburgh, Orford, Saxstead, Woodbridge, Lavenham, Southwold and Dedham I think plus many others. I also live in Suffolk and it was nice to see a show from the area I live in. Look forward to your next show.

Regards Paul