WnSoft Forums

How to get the best from this forum

fh1805

How to get the best from this forum

When posting a new show to this forum (i.e. the Slideshows forum) you may be able to maximise the benefit that you get from the feedback by following the advice given here (Note: it is only advice and not, in any sense, strict rules)

In the Topic Title field put the title or subject matter of your sequence

In the Topic Description field put the following information:

File size, Running time, Aspect ratio, Resolution, Intended Audience

For example:

Topic Title: Carnival of Venice

Topic Description: 17.4MB, 3m42s, 4:3, 1920x1280, Camera clubs and AV groups

Topic Title: Summer Holiday

Topic Description: 34.5MB, 23m45s, 16:9, 1920x1080, Family and friends

regards,

Peter

How to get the best from this forum...

regards,Peter

==================

Peter,

Speaking of getting the best out of this Forum, I'd like to ask a question about the Search function. Many times I have tried to search on words that are 4 letters or less in length, such as "MP4". But I get the warning:

"One or all of your search keywords were below 4 characters or you searched for words which are not allowed, such as 'html', 'img', etc, please go back and increase the length of these search keywords or choose different keywords."

Is there a good reason for this restriction? Can it be removed? It really puts a crimp in trying to find information.

Thanks...Gary

Goodi, / Peter,

Almost all 'boards' have the default search string set at four or more. There is of course a good reason for this, it stops folk searching for 'exe' 'zip' rar' and so on. This can only be changed by the admin.

Peter

As this pinned thread is not about 'suggestions on how to improve the forum', but rather how to get the best from this forum (by adding information to the title and description), may I suggest that these last two posts be moved, and the topic closed?