WnSoft Forums

Dual Screen Working

JEB

Hi,

Hope I've posted this in the correct place.

I am about to replace a PC and am looking at as many of the options and limitations before making my final choice.

I remember some months ago when the Duel Screen facility was made available in PTE there being a deal of excitement amongst the community. Then, as now, I am uncertain as to what the benefits are that this facility provides. Perhaps if I say what I think this facility may offer, those in the know can either confirm or put me right.

I guess that it would enable one screen to be showing PTE while the other could be showing another application such as PS or Audacity rather than having them minimized. It seems to me it must offer more than that.

Would it be possible for instance on one screen to have Audacity playing a complex multi-track draft build (prior to mixing) while simultaneously playing a preview of the slides on PTE on the other screen?

Would it enable one screen to show the O&A window while the other screen shows the main PTE window?

The other aspect I need to get my head round are the implications on the hard ware (graphics card) of a PC and on other application's software.

I would appreciate any relevant comments or examples.

Regards

John

John

A personal view only, I see no point in having two screens and see it myself as a bit of a fad. (no offense intended to anyone of course) It will not enhance your images one bit or make your slide show more appealing. How difficult is it to have Audacity, Photoshop and PTE all open together and use multi-tasking. Most of us have been doing that for years without any problems. With the larger screens some are some are now using I think it makes this two screen option even less appealing.

I have done a number of one to one seminars with people who used this option and all it succeeded in doing for them was to slow them down and confuse them. Those people I have met who ask me questions about this all seem to fall into the same category. They think having the latest two screen setup is the route to success, it isn't.

Unless you just happen to have a second screen lying around I would say forget it, but if you have then try it. I did and abandoned it almost as quick, because it offered me nothing and just took up too much space.

Barry,

I suspect your spot on. I suspected that the benefits were limited but remembered after all the excitement of several months back I thought it worth asking the question! Perhaps the relative silence since making this post tells me something. I have a spare monitor and no doubt will give it a try once I get myself sorted out.

Thanks,

John