WnSoft Forums

Cover slide - universal setting?

Somebody else will correct me if I am wrong, but I think there is no project settings you can change to apply to your whole project.

But what you can do if you have a lot of pictures is to open your .pte project with notepad (right click and choose "open with...") and replace all "FitMode=PlaceInto" with "FitMode=Cover".

I really recommend to save the .pte file with a different name to have a backup if something goes wrong.

• 2 months later...

Somebody else will correct me if I am wrong, but I think there is no project settings you can change to apply to your whole project.

But what you can do if you have a lot of pictures is to open your .pte project with notepad (right click and choose "open with...") and replace all "FitMode=PlaceInto" with "FitMode=Cover".

I really recommend to save the .pte file with a different name to have a backup if something goes wrong.

This is rather a fiddle. In Proshow Producer, this is just a setting. Has anything changed in v6.5 pls? I was thinking of buying PTE, but I would rather not have to adjust every image to remove the pillar boxing in a 16:9 show.

Thanks very much for your advice

Julian

This is rather a fiddle. In Proshow Producer, this is just a setting. Has anything changed in v6.5 pls? I was thinking of buying PTE, but I would rather not have to adjust every image to remove the pillar boxing in a 16:9 show.

Thanks very much for your advice

Julian

Two comments, if I may ...

To Julian, I would say that PTE can do many wonderful things better than ProShow. I bought ProShow Gold after paying for three other programs. I won't be using it any more - PTE is so much more pleasant to work with, the forum is fantastic, and Igor and the development team are far more responsive than the ProShow people. Lifetime updates are a great advantage too!

Julian, good luck with whatever you decide to use.

Secondly, may I suggest to Igor that perhaps the choice of "FitToSlide" or "CoverSlide" should be in "Customise Slide" rather than "Objects and Animation"? Perhaps then it could be applied to multiple slides in one operation?

Ken Travers (APLman)

Ken,

That's an excellent suggestion in one respect. It is possible to set the same Customize values to as many slides as you want simply by collecting them with a series of Ctrl+Click actions before going into the Customize Slide button.

On the down side, the existing placement of this control allows the choice of mode at the level of each individual object.

The best of both worlds would be to have the Mode feature for the main image on each slide as part of the Customize Slide button whilst retaining the Mode feature at the object level within the O&A window.

regards,

Peter

Ken,

That's an excellent suggestion in one respect. It is possible to set the same Customize values to as many slides as you want simply by collecting them with a series of Ctrl+Click actions before going into the Customize Slide button.

On the down side, the existing placement of this control allows the choice of mode at the level of each individual object.

The best of both worlds would be to have the Mode feature for the main image on each slide as part of the Customize Slide button whilst retaining the Mode feature at the object level within the O&A window.

regards,

Peter

Thanks for your advice. I''' play some more with the trial version. It seems to me that also the slide transitions are smoother in PTE.

Julian

Thanks for your advice. I'll play some more with the trial version. It seems to me that also the slide transitions are smoother in PTE.

Julian

I've just come up with an interim solution, which seems to work - but requires QuicKeys to set up a keyboard macro

Assuming you want to apply 'cover slide' to all your images, and click initially on the first slide in your timeline, Quickeys can be configured to:

1. Ctrl B - top open Objects and Animation

2. Alt S - to cover slide

3. F12 - to go to the next slide

4. ...and so on

Crude, but fairly effective

Julian

I've just come up with an interim solution, which seems to work - but requires QuicKeys to set up a keyboard macro

Assuming you want to apply 'cover slide' to all your images, and click initially on the first slide in your timeline, Quickeys can be configured to:

4. ...and so on

Julian

Just bought it!

Julian,

You've just discovered one of the "hidden features" of PTE. Whatever you want to do with it, there is often a way (perhaps crude and perhaps complex) in which it can be done. It is the discovery and sharing of these tips and techniques that makes membership of this forum so valuable to us all.

Welcome to the wonderful world of PTE.

regards,

Peter

Julian,

4. ...and so on

Julian

As long as all your images maintain the same aspect ratio ... your PTE slideshow should fill the screen. If not, you can quickly batch convert in some image editors which is very effective and not so crude.

If your slideshow is built in a 16:9 aspect ratio and is played/shown on different aspect ratio screens ... see/read the Command Line Parameters for Slideshows within the V6 PTE User Guide pg 81. Its also possible to enter the command line parameter into a shortcut of your slideshow.exe, this avoids use of a batch file.

Just bought it!

Julian ... I am so glad you have already seen the workings of this wonderful forum!

May you find as much enjoyment and satisfaction with PTE as I have found. Missing at the moment is the ability to include video clips ... but this has already been "promised".

Best Wishes

Ken T (APLman)