WnSoft Forums

Why PTE?

jeasco

Hi

It has been suggested that I pose these thoughts here. I do so mainly in order to ascertain the benefits of using PTE in preference to other programmes. It has many devotees who produce remarkably successful works, that I feel I would like to do join in, but -

I have PINNACLE STUDIO 8 and HFX, SERIF MOVIE PLUS, and XP MOVIE MAKER, and ROXIO CREATOR 6 - all of which are capable of producing audio visual or slide shows. I must state here that I am at the very beginning of the learning and evaluation process with these, and I am also 'playing' with transfering audio to PC (Audacity mainly).

Question - Why would I need PicturesToExe? I like everything about it that can be deduced from the trial version, particularly the clarity of the output, but what does it do that the others can't?

Are ALL of the PTE presentations available through these pages made solely with PTE? If not what other programmes are involved?

Jeasco:

I can't tell you what PTE can do that the others can't as I don't know the others.

I have tried a number of other products for AV that you did not mention and I keep coming back to PTE.

Why ?

Great flexible program that does what I need it do simply. Supported by a great bunch of users and a highly responsive development team.

Find that anywhere else !!!!!!!!!!!!

All the shows on Beechbrook are PTE show

Excellent reasoning, thanks Jim.

I feel sure I will finish up using it.

Other observations are still of interest. Does anyone use a Movie programme for slide shows?

Cheers, John

You asked what other programs are involved.

A few programs I use are:

Photoshop Elements 2.0

Xnview

Audacity

and MP3 programs rippers and Editors

You compare PTE with some Video editing programs.

With the Video Editing prgrams you get a much

larger file size than a show made with PTE.

And the quailty of the pictures in a PTE

file are so much better.

If you want to make a PTE file for someone

to view pictures to make an order, I feel you

cannot even compare it to the Video editing programs.

PTE is just so much more advanced in this area

once you learn how to achieve your goals with it.

But one thing that is a big selling point.

When one of them other programs comes out with a new update,

see how much they charge you for the latest version.

Usually $50 or more just to update.

PTE costs half that and you get life time updates.

The program does so much more today then when I bought it.

There have been things I wished it could do, and I was able to make

suggestions and get a reply about my ideas. Whether they liked it

or didn't like it.

I think if you buy the program and learn what all it can do, you

will never be sorry.

cc

jeasco

I have started playing with the trial version of Vegas Video 4 to make slide shows, you can do absolutely ANYTHING you want and make great DVD shows with excellent quality but you are limited to producing Video Output which isn't easy to distribute on the Internet. Also video programs aren't anywhere as easy to produce slide shows whencompard to PTE.

I think its "horses for courses", if you want to make Video Slide shows use something like Vegas Video (I prefer it over programs like Proshow as its so much more flexible) or wait for PTE to be able to produce AVI output. If you are making PC slide shows then in my mind there is only one choice.... PTE

Hi

Just to let you know that I have registered PTE.

This site is almost part of the daily routine and I get a lot of pleasure from its content , and thank the contributors for their help.

Will be around for some time yet :)

I am still interested in learning of the other programmes members use along with PTE.

Thanks, John

Hi John,

I would back up what has been said so far. P2E is a very easy programme to use. the exe files are reliable and can be opened on any PC. I would a ways recomend it to new users. I see by your details you are in Lancashire, did you know there are many A/V Groups around your area? In fact the Wimslow Group are holding an event in November. Tap into www. maureenalbright.com to see whats happening in the Uk, you will find a link to most A/V sites there dealing with analogue and digital presentations,

Alan

Thanks for the advice Alan, I spent a very pleasant evening following the links - so much to take on board. For those tracing the same path I would advise trying avworld.org as the Maureen Albright lead didn't work for me.

John