WnSoft Forums

Music on Slides

rogern

If you have a large project (300 slides) with the music on individual slides rather than on the project, is there an easy way to find which slides hold the music, especially as there is no waveform on the timeline? At the moment I have to keep a manual record but this can be difficult when adding and removing slides.

Also, if the sound is on the project but 'Synchronise' is not ticked, why does synchronise work in the small editing window but not in full screen?

Thanks

Roger

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Roger

There is a utility called "Project Reporter", you could try a search on here or Beechbrook. This will give you a detailed analysis of your show & where the music is.

Yachtsman

PS It is on Beechbrook :rolleyes:

Hi Roger

There is a utility called "Project Reporter", you could try a search on here or Beechbrook. This will give you a detailed analysis of your show & where the music is.

Yachtsman

PS It is on Beechbrook :rolleyes:

Found and downloaded. Seems to do the trick but will give it a good workout tonight.

Thanks for the speedy reply.

Roger

Roger

I have had the need to do what you originally asked and never found it a problem at all. Open up PTE with the show in question and go to the slide list, where you can see all the thumbnails.

Highlight the first thumbnail, then look up at the top right of the screen where is says add sound. Hit the right arrow on your keyboard and you can whip through your images in seconds and any that contain a sound file will show up plainly at the top right.

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Barry

Just tried the method you suggest but it didn't work for me. I'm using "classic view" with the thumbnails shown on the left of the screen, highlight the first TN, click add sound, hit the right arrow, and I get the SS shown. I am however using W7 now, whether that makes a difference I'm not sure :unsure:

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1

post-5560-127114091068_thumb.jpg

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Barry

Senior moment :ph34r: , however as I don't add sounds to individual slides I wouldn't see anything. Still think Project Reporter is the fastest way, particularly over 100 plus slides. Could be an alternative way for non audacity users.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

Thanks for the tips. Both useful but have found that the 'Add Sound' option only works if you have used this facility to add the sound. If you have added the sound by Customising the Slide, this does not work.

The Project Report Option is the most comprehensive method and provides a lot of other useful information.

Regards

Roger