WnSoft Forums

'WD TV Live Media Player' now at Costco...

goddi

Greetings,

There has been some discussion about the WD Media Player in this Forum. It will play the MP4 files that PTE can create and display it on your HD TV using RCA cables or an HDMI cable. I have one and it works very well.

FYI, I just noticed that Costco now has them in their store. I couldn't find them on their on-line site. But the price is pretty good at $109.99 for the WD TV Live HD Media Player.

Gary

Greetings,

There has been some discussion about the WD Media Player in this Forum.

Gary,

Yes that was in this topic "Is the difference in PTE's H.264 and MP4 output?"

I am sorry but I was abroad for a while and I had not the opportunity to follow up the thread.....

I hope you enjoy your purchase of WD TV player for reading your mp4 video files created with PTE!

But coming back on this subject : mp4 is a container and the quality of video file inside this container depends on the codec quality and parameters used for coding!

If I remember well, for HD-HQ, PTE uses 30fps and a coding x264 at variable bit rate of 7Mb/s (max 16Mb/s) with a High@L4.1 Profile which is convenient for still pictures. Parameters can be customized if necessary.

Daniel.

Gary,

Yes that was in this topic "Is the difference in PTE's H.264 and MP4 output?"

I am sorry but I was abroad for a while and I had not the opportunity to follow up the thread.....

I hope you enjoy your purchase of WD TV player for reading your mp4 video files created with PTE!

But coming back on this subject : mp4 is a container and the quality of video file inside this container depends on the codec quality and parameters used for coding!

If I remember well, for HD-HQ, PTE uses 30fps and a coding x264 at variable bit rate of 7Mb/s (max 16Mb/s) with a High@L4.1 Profile which is convenient for still pictures. Parameters can be customized if necessary.

Daniel.

=================

Daniel,

Yes, there are choices in the Customize menu. But I am not smart enough to figure that out. I have stuck to using the 'HD 1920x1080' and 'LQ' (low quality) settings. It is interesting to me that I can not see any difference between the 'LQ' and the 'HQ' results. So I use LQ to save space. Maybe with heavy animation, there might be a difference, but, for now, I just use LQ.

Gary