WnSoft Forums

User's Screen Resolution

boxig

Hi,

I was thinking of a small utility and like to hear if you think it can be helpful or not

(in other words, should I spend my time ?).

The utility will detect user's screen size and will run a show designed for that specific screen. That means you will have to make a set from your show, one for 800x600, one for 1024x768, and one for 1280x1024. Your autorun will run the utility which will choose which of your shows to run according to user's screen.

Here are the sizes I know of but are they all really in use ?

800x600

960x720

1024x768

1152x864

1280x960

1280x1024

For which of those sizes should I make it, or should I make for all ?

You can try This Small Tool to see how it works:

Thanks

Granot

Hi Granot,

Your utility was right about my screenresolution, didn't doubt it though :P , all your utilities work okay! But what I was thinking is: with this utility you can make shows for a large screen, but that means also the size of the pictures will increase, and there is no way to measure the speed of the processor. On the other hand it will be possible to make windowed mode and use objects, and then be sure they are always where you meant them to be! I think it would be great if there is a choice, but I think 3 or 4 will be enough. Who wants to make a show for every screenresolution there is? When you make such a tool, I think I shall make use of it, because often you cannot be sure on what resolution your 'audience' will look. And, whenever someone upgrades his system and gets a larger screen, the show will grow along with it!

Marianne

Hello Granot,

I could certainly make use of a screen size measuring utility.

My interest would be for 800x600 1024x768 and 1280x1024

I would rather make only those size shows.

My own pooter res is 1600x1200 (32 bit colour) 21" screen

I currently make shows for 800x600 only. I group items to control how they show up, but they are so tiny on my huge screen <LOL>

Oh, I don't do shows as most people describe here, so I don't know if anyone else will care.

Just offering my $0.02

Merlin