WnSoft Forums

Opacity/Luminosity

vilara

It's not quite clear to me what your question is.

Luminosity, in the relevant sense of the digital image, is delimited by the saturation point of 255, 255, 255 which is as much "white" as can be displayed depending on the intensity of CRT or LCD brightness. At this point zero detail is visible and only the outline of the object or part of the object reflecting pure white is visible.

Opacity is the amount of transparency or translucency allowed whereby any image or object on a layer beneath the manipulated layer may or may not be partially visible. In PTE terms, "opacity" can be set from 100% where there is no possibility of seeing the layer beneath, to zero, where the top layer is totally invisible and the layer beneath is seen in its full "luminosity."

Best regards,

Lin

In complement to "opacity" it would seem to me interesting to be able to play on the luminosity.What is your opinion?

I think I understand. What you want would be what might be called adjustable brightness without affecting transparency?? If so, you can have that now by placing a black or white layer between an object and the layer below so that when the opacity is adjusted, you don't see the object or objects on the photo in the layer beneath, but instead just see the black (or white) jpg, etc.

Best regards,

Lin

My question is : in a future version of PTE i would whant use on a object the opacity but also the luminosity. Thats clear? Sory for my bad english

... you can have that now by placing a black or white layer between an object and the layer below so that when the opacity is adjusted, you don't see the object or objects on the photo in the layer beneath, but instead just see the black (or white) jpg, etc...

This will lead to rather flat looking results. Instead of black or white layers, I would prefer to work with copies of the given image whose gamma values in the L-channel have been adjusted (while using a temporary Lab representation).

Regards,

Xaver

Hi Xaver,

That would work, but then it wouldn't be done with PTE??

Best regards,

Lin

This will lead to rather flat looking results. Instead of black or white layers, I would prefer to work with copies of the given image whose gamma values in the L-channel have been adjusted (while using a temporary Lab representation).

Regards,

Xaver

I've got the feeling that vilara's request is an introduction to the ability to make adjustments to the pictures directly within PTE : levels, color balance, brightness, saturation, hue...

Personnaly, I would love it, it would give much more flexibility for new effects.

Well maybe you could get Igor to throw in his PixBuilder software and integrate it into Pict's to exe or for the people that own PixBuilder software integrate it to the main program - all with no extra charge -- he would not have to change the code very much as he had to do with DVD burning and the latest sound feature as the program is already written and he could also resurrect winavigator and integrate it as well

http://www.wnsoft.com/pbs/photo-editing-software.html

ken

Well maybe you could get Igor to throw in his PixBuilder software and integrate it into Pict's to exe or for the people that own PixBuilder software integrate it to the main program - all with no extra charge -- he would not have to change the code very much as he had to do with DVD burning and the latest sound feature as the program is already written and he could also resurrect winavigator and integrate it as well

Ken, to be honest I don't know if you're serious or making fun of this request. But I am afraid to integrate PixBuilder software into PTE is not a piece of cake.

Actually, there would be a real interest only if the adjustments are dynamic (associated to keypoints).

What I have in mind is to have the ability to turn a photo from greyscale to color by example (instead of having to manage two different image pictures - one colored and the other greyscaled - like we do right now).

Personnaly, I would be ready to pay the price for an other licence for the optional pictures adjustements (something like "PTE extended"...).

Ken, to be honest I don't know if you're serious or making fun of this request. But I am afraid to "integrate PixBuilder software" into PTE is not a piece of cake.

Actually, there would be a real interest only if the adjustments are dynamic (associated to keypoints).

What I have in mind is by example to have the ability to turn a photo from greyscale to color (instead of having to manage two different image pictures - one colored and the other greyscaled - like we do right now).

Personnaly, I would be ready to pay the price for an other licence for the optional pictures adjustements (something like "PTE extended"...).