WnSoft Forums

CF Card Problem - help required (SOLVED)

ksf

Hi everyone,

Not a query about PTE, but a plea to fellow forum members for help in identifying some good reliable (preferably freeware/shareware) software that I can use to recover images from a corrupt compact flash card (4gb Delkin Devices card).

All help and advice will be gratefully received.

Keith

Hi Keith,

This might work for you:

http://www.dkszone.net/6-best-and-free-file-recovery-software

Or here for pay but free trial:

http://www.easeus.co...mpact-flash.htm

Lin

Hi everyone,

Not a query about PTE, but a plea to fellow forum members for help in identifying some good reliable (preferably freeware/shareware) software that I can use to recover images from a corrupt compact flash card (4gb Delkin Devices card).

All help and advice will be gratefully received.

Keith

Hi. Thanks for all your suggestions. I will look at each in turn and hopefully one will be able to sort out my problem.

(Yachtsman - the card appeared to work ok in the camera (canon 450) as I was able to preview images when using it. Then the camera suddenly threw up an Error 99 (?) message, for no obvious reason, and from that point on no longer seemed to recognise the card. I have tried to access the card in camera and in separate drives/card readers but all I see is a message asking if I want to format the card. I have not formatted it and am hoping the images are still retrievable).

Once again, thanks to all.

Keith

Guest Yachtsman1

Have you tried re-setting the camera back to factory settings, then trying the card. The error message on the camera may be investigated in Flikr, look for the canon group for the camera, then the model, then try the error number. I had a 50D but didn't find the Canon helpline very good, but you could try them as a last resort.

Yachtsman1

Just done a check & error 99 means there is a later firmware up-date, that may be the answer, do the up=date then try the card again.

Hi everyone, Just a quick update on the SUCCESSFUL recovery of my photo's. In the end I opted to use the Digital Image Recovery program suggested by Gerard. It was easy to instal, very easy to use, and thankfully it worked a treat.

Many thanks once again, especially to Gerard.

Keith