WnSoft Forums

Disable Mouse

JRR

I am running with 4.12 (I know I should be at 4.14 :rolleyes: )

I discovered the other day that even with the mouse clicks set to "none" (Advanced options on Project Options) the scroll wheel seems to still be active.

I wanted to control the advancing of the show by the navigation bar, so I turned "off" the mouse clicks. A viewer of the show (that involves a lot of text on the screen) absentmindedly played with the scroll wheel while reading the screen, and oops :blink: there went the screen onto the next slide !!!

It would be nice if there was a third line under "mouse clicks" that would look after the scroll wheel. Personally I would be happy with the scroll wheel not bein active with the mouse clicks turned off, but you never know what someone else might want...

Igor,

I use navigation controls quite often myself ... and enable/ disable the wheel mouse would be helpful. This would limit any surprises a user may encounter when fiddling with the wheel ... plus allow us more control over direction of play.

I also think having this option would be helpful:

By the way, also what about optional disabling of keys for next/prev. slide (cursor arrows, Space, PgUp/PgDown, BackSpace)?

Especially once you implement the navigation ability in Sync Mode shows. There are times we want the user to proceed as we prescribe ... and not have a backdoor approach (such as keys) that would overide the direction we may prescribe.

By the way, also what about optional disabling of keys for next/prev. slide (cursor arrows, Space, PgUp/PgDown, BackSpace)?

Igor,

I agree with that suggestion - if the creator has the ability to program the use of these keys, then it makes sense to also give him or her the option to disable them as well. Or, if they are programmed, it might be useful for the user to also be able to disable them if he or she finds them awkward.

I prefer to see the control over how the show runs left up to the creator of that show, wherever possible, especially where the show is being used commercially to sell one's products - you want things to appear just so on the client's pc. Even with artsy-fartsy shows - one hopes the user will be viewing one's show as one created it. But I guess there are exceptions. As long as the maker has the option to make things run a certain way if he or she desires it.

Jim and Stu, I'm all for programming the scroll wheel. Whenever I remember to use it, I find it very convenient, and it could be useful in number of ways in PTE, especially once Igor makes the upcoming changes to the nav bar and offers more control over compiled shows.

Igor:

I never noticed the keys were not disabled !!

Yes, as Al says. The maker should be able to have total control over the navigating options.

Thanks for looking at this. Looking forward to its implementation :)