WnSoft Forums

Thorp Perrow

Guest Yachtsman1

Guest Yachtsman1

Thorp Perrow must be the hidden jewel in the Wensleydale/ Dales crown, this is the first paragraph of their web sites description.

Thorp Perrow Arboretum is one of the finest private collections of trees and shrubs in the country. This 85 acre arboretum is unique to Britain, if not Europe, in that it was the creation of one man, Colonel Sir Leonard Ropner (1895 - 1977) and is now owned and managed by Sir John Ropner.

http://www.thorpperrow.com

We visited there on a hot summers day back in 2008, I'm not an advocate of caging wildlife, however the birds on display do get the chance to fly. I have included one dodgy picture of an owl in flight, mainly because it is the best of a bad bunch of in flight shots. The trees are the stars of this place and are truly magnificent. I've been to Yosemite and what you get at Thorp Perrow compares favourably but on a much smaller scale.

Finally, if you are stessed out and in need of relaxation, watch this and i'll guarantee you'll nod off, well almost.

Mechanics 15.2mb 29 slides, 4m 13secs, 1280x1024 5-4 ratio fixed. Mediafire download.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=379a18b10ff8110241c673ebc75f62166b2f5fd99c283ece99c10dfdf5f9f76315db09e5d0e0ad90e759fb6808f58893

Yachtsman1

Guest Yachtsman1

Eric

still no go

same error message

everytime i try it counts whether it is complete or not

ken

Hi Ken

Just tried to download myself from the link, worked OK for me, downloaded the file to my desktop???? :unsure:

Has anyone else tried & failed??? :unsure:

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1

Guest Yachtsman1

Downloaded and ran perfectly for me Eric from your original post. Very soothing and peaceful. Thanks for sharing !

Regards, Bill

Thanks Bill. :)

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1

Well i cant get it

Maybe Bill will get off the beach and post it --hint hint :)

ken

Well Ken, if Eric upoads the file to me, I'll be more than happy to host it. However he currently only has it on Mediafire and I do not support them on Beechbrook as a hosting site. Too unreliable.

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Ken

Glad you got the file, re Mediafire as you know I've up-loaded a nuber of files recently, two have given problems, one was Thorp Perrow & one the rotating backgrounds show. What happened in both cases, the uploads completed normally so I checked the folders to make sure, both were empty, so with TP I went through the process again with the same result. So I tried refreshing the page & the shows appeared in the folders, so although the folders looked empty the files were actually on Mediafire. :unsure::unsure::unsure:

Glad you like it.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1. :)

Bill

if you downloaded it from mediafire you should have it

but i was able to get a succesful download this morn

very peaceful looking place -- great bird shots Eric

ken

Yes Ken, you are correct. Since I downloaded the file, I would have it. But I certainly wouldn't automatically place it on my site without Eric's permission. After all, he is the one that placed it on MediaFire and not my site. It would be his decision. Anyway...you got the file, that's whats important!!

Bill

Guest Yachtsman1

Yes Ken, you are correct. Since I downloaded the file, I would have it. But I certainly wouldn't automatically place it on my site without Eric's permission. After all, he is the one that placed it on MediaFire and not my site. It would be his decision. Anyway...you got the file, that's whats important!!

Bill

Hi Bill

I have tried a couple of times to download to your site but from what I remember, the process is more complicated than Mediafire& I'm always one for the easy option.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1

Hi Bill

I have tried a couple of times to download to your site but from what I remember, the process is more complicated than Mediafire& I'm always one for the easy option.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1

Eric,

Sorry that you feel Beechbrook is a complicated system to use. It is really very straight forward. There are even help files (with pictures) describing each field where data can be entered. Also... I'm here anytime you need me to assist you with an issue. Simply email me and I'll come online and help you out. I've attached a copy of the help file for your review.

post-154-094447500 1279932907_thumb.jpg

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Bill

I read your help file & remembered why I stopped short of using your site, it was the fact that my email address would be displayed with any of my shows. I have a strict policy of never publically giving out my email address, back in 2005 I made the mistake of giving my address to a caravan forum. Despite removing my site details I am still receiving emails, and that is just a mild instance. However I do have a web site with a reply page which gives me some anonimity, if that my be substituted I would re-consider.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1

Eric

I quite often use that email addie to personally thank the author -- all visitors to "the cottage" are not necessarily member's of this forum so without joing this forum how would they thank/communicate to the author?

Bill's site has been around long before the mediafire's upload sites have been for members of this forum

I think i was one of the first to advocate the use of upload sites such as mediafire due to Bill taking shows down after 30 days to keep control of bandwidth -- he is a lot more lenient now due to the decreased volume

some services that we have used

https://www.yousendit.com/

http://www.sendspace.com/

https://www.transferbigfiles.com/

http://www.bonpoo.com/

http://megaupload.com/

http://members.quicknet.nl/romeria/howto1.htm

etc

Bill does not support advertisers and will not redirect to one of the above sites

but

does redirect to a person's server - -in fact people take a show off their server and do not advise him -- real nice way to treat a guy that provides a site relying on donations:ph34r:

ken

Hi Eric

Thanks for the show.

Yes it is a hidden jewel - I was only there yesterday!

I guess you may know about what is even more of a hidden jewel in that area - Hackfall Woodlands (with lots of follies) near Masham. Maybe it's time for a visit there with your camera!!

Regards,

wideangle

Hi Bill

I read your help file & remembered why I stopped short of using your site, it was the fact that my email address would be displayed with any of my shows. I have a strict policy of never publicly giving out my email address, However I do have a web site with a reply page which gives me some anonymity, if that my be substituted I would re-consider.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1

Eric,

Beechbrook is not a commercial website nor do I share email addresses. Obviously someone could capture your email address and use it elsewhere. That is always a possibility. You have control over which email address you choose to post on my site. Ken's comment is correct. It is intended as a method of sharing personal comments with the presentation's author, as well as keeping some authenticity to the upload process. If you find that Beechbrook could be a suitable place to host or link your shows from, please use it. Otherwise, we'll still continue to enjoy your shows from whomever host them for you.

Best regards,

Bill

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Wideangle

Thanks for that. Haven't been to Hackfall, if its hilly I'd struggle? That's why I haven't been to the Himalayan Gardens at Grewelthorpe, the wife has but she struggled to.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.