WnSoft Forums

Geronimo and the Chiricahua Apache

klintott

After visiting the Chiricahua National Monument and other areas of southeastern Arizona in 2010 I created a scenic slide show including a brief history of Geronimo's life. The show is 58M in size and about seven minutes in duration. It is ideally viewed on a wide screen monitor or HD television. I use an HDMI cable to connect my computer to my Sanmsung 1080i television.

Comments and criticism's are welcome, particularly relating to how the show is viewed on different monitors and computers.

The show is available at Beechbrook.com with many thanks to Bill

http://www.beechbrook.com/

Ken Lintott

After visiting the Chiricahua National Monument and other areas of southeastern Arizona in 2010 I created a scenic slide show including a brief history of Geronimo's life. The show is 58M in size and about seven minutes in duration. It is ideally viewed on a wide screen monitor or HD television. I use an HDMI cable to connect my computer to my Sanmsung 1080i television.

Comments and criticism's are welcome, particularly relating to how the show is viewed on different monitors and computers.

The show is available at Beechbrook.com with many thanks to Bill

http://www.beechbrook.com/

Ken Lintott

Ken - a superb show. Interesting and thought provoking.

Maureen

Thanks everyone for the positive feedback.

Usually a particularly satisfying photo shoot is the impetus for my making a slide show. In this case it came from the music. I heard Melissa Venema, a fourteen year old girl, play her trumpet rendition of Taps, "Il Silenzio" on utube and knew immediately that I needed to create a story around the music. I was familiar with the Geronimo story from a movie I watched before going to visit the Chiricahua mountains in Arizona and it was a "no brainer" to amalgamate the story, the music and the photographs into the slide show. The historical photos are of public record and found on the website: "Native American Prisoners of War: Chiricahua Apaches 1886-1914" http://www.chiricahua-apache.com/ a worthwhile site to visit to learn more about the Chiricahua.

Ken

A first rate show with a good mix of photos, downloads, music, voiceovers and transitions. Also just the right length to get a feel for his life story. Just a little criticism - for me the 3D swaps were a little quick but otherwise I shall add this show to my knowledge bank on producing good A/V's

Mickp.

• 3 weeks later...

Ken, I found this presentation very satisfying. I have seen plenty of "indian country" but found your photographic message really enhanced by your AV compositional skills. Using those skills brought the lands into relevant historic context. Thanks for sharing a job well done.