WnSoft Forums

"Just Tulips" Surreal version.

Guest Yachtsman1

Eric,

Just brilliant; loved it. Good to see something different, and to some, maybe, challenging. More, please.

Dare I comment on the choice of music?

Cheers,

David P

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi David

Thanks for the comments, the music I tried 4 different versions & eventually settled for Enya. The wife likes it, however I can do no wrong in her eyes.

Ken

Maybe if you hadn't seen the original first, sober and not through glazed eyes, it may have been a better idea. Just bored at the moment, can't get out to take some new pics.

Regards Eric

yachtsman1 B)

Hi Eric,

I undestand that people continue to make 4/3 screen ratio slideshows because it's the ratio of a lot of compact cameras and they don't want to crop the images.

But why do you use this 5/4 aspect ratio ?

I guess it's the ratio of your screen.

But it doesn't correspond to a picture ratio.

You have to crop your pictures, right ?

Just curious to know. :)

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Dom

I use 1280x1024 because that is my monitor, which I believe corresponds to 5-4 ratio. Why? because I don't like widescreen. If I had more space I might have gone 16x10. It annoys me intensely when having to view a widescreen film on TV which is like looking through a letter box. There was a warning on the original post about the size. IMHO if god had wanted us to look at widesceen, he would have designed our bodies more akin to a hammerhead shark. If you took part in the inconclusive monitor poll, you would have seen 5-4 scored quite favourably. Yes I do crop but compensate when framing the shot & I have plenty of pixels just going to waste.

If you did download it & enjoyed it I'm pleased. Don't take umbrage at my reply, but WS is one of my pet hates B)

Hi Wideangle

Glad you liked the show, the effects were from filtes in Adobe Elements 6.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1

post-5560-051078700 1280340102_thumb.jpg

post-5560-084968300 1280340141_thumb.jpg