WnSoft Forums

12 th july N.Ireland

flynnboy

Colourful , Slideshow using gif files Comments welcome

download link http://www.mediafire.com/?1g97ytt2hk7ux88

Warning this show is of an orange parade in N.Ireland, not intended to offend anyone,do not download or view if you feel you may be offended

Brian

In my opinion - a bit tedious to watch!

Just returning from a trip to Ireland (including Derry), I would like to pose the question if this production can be considered as political propaganda.

Regards,

Xaver

sorry you find my show a bit tedious , and also would like to point out that no political propaganda is intended, no offence intended, My only interest is in photography

since you have posed the question ,i now ask myself were we draw the line, surly all slideshows are of some kind of culture . I was very upbeat about the other comments

i have had , this one has just pulled the heart out me

Brian

Brian, Please dont be downhearted about your presentation. I would if I may offer a few words of advice, having done a few ' controversial ' shows along the way. Its a good show, but some may view the Orange day parades as religous or even political. Something frowned on in most forums. Your use of P2E's various features was very very good, and if you want it to be viewed by a wide audience, you may wish to put a warning on the opening page, or indeed your text when offering it for download. That way the viewer is aware of what it is and has the opportunity to download or not/view or not.

I have a whole heap of pics of the murals I took when stationed there and was considering doing something with them, but caution got the better of me...

Andrew

Brian, Please dont be downhearted about your presentation. I would if I may offer a few words of advice, having done a few ' controversial ' shows along the way. Its a good show, but some may view the Orange day parades as religous or even political. Something frowned on in most forums. Your use of P2E's various features was very very good, and if you want it to be viewed by a wide audience, you may wish to put a warning on the opening page, or indeed your text when offering it for download. That way the viewer is aware of what it is and has the opportunity to download or not/view or not.

I have a whole heap of pics of the murals I took when stationed there and was considering doing something with them, but caution got the better of me...

Andrew

Andrew ,thank you for your kind words and very good advice ,will add warning to my first post, i would like to see your pics of murals as this, is a project i hope to do soon

Hello Brian,

Great show and thank you for sharing.

I read a quote recently 'The tyrany of art' Mmm.

In my humble opinion anything can be seen or judged as 'Political' its all in the mind of the beholder.

If we ever get moderated to that extent I for one would leave this site as Im sure others would.

Our photography is an art and should be seen as that, Igor has given us the wonderful PTE to enable us to show it to the world in all its glory.

Of course there are certain things that should not be shown, I do not have explain myself in that area but if people 'read' political its because of the mindset in my opinion.

Great work Brian and thanks for sharing

regards

Ralph