WnSoft Forums

Colour Accuracy

Ray Groome

I have just noticed that the colour of my images in PTE 6.5 appear quite different to that when viewed in Photoshop, Lightroom or Windows Photo Viewer.(the greens are particularly bad!) The images are jpegs and in sRGB colour space. I have used PTE for many years and have not had such problems before. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Ray Groome

Ray,

This issue related with these particular JPEG images which have embedded color profile.

PicturesToExe supports JPEG images only in sRGB format.

And it doesn't support JPEGs in Adobe RGB format with a color profile.

When I view sRGB images in PTE on my new profiled Dell U2410 monitor I found the colours were more saturated (particularly the greens) than when viewed in other software (eg Photoshop).

After experimenting with the settings on my monitor I have concluded that to obtain accurate colour from PTE I also have to use a monitor setting that limits the colour space to sRGB. If I try to use the larger Adobe RGB colour space of the monitor I obtain over saturated results. Disappointing!

My older monitor did not have this problem as it was not capable of displaying such a large colour space.