WnSoft Forums

The Alum Coast

fh1805

It has been a long time since I posted any sequences here. This one: http://www.mediafire.com/?ao4qfxblctc3wb4 is about 32MB in size and runs for 8m40s.

It is a documentary about an industry that once existed along the north-east coast of Yorkshire. To those of you for whom English is not your native tongue, I apologise in advance; but this sequence has a voice-over in English. It forms part of a portfolio of sequences I am creating for local audiences on the theme: Heritage of the North.

Comments are always welcome.

regards,

Peter

Wow! What a great show! A masterful production! I spent a week at Whitby earlier in the year and came across remains of the alum industry along the coast nearby, so it is especially interesting to learn what went on to produce the finished project. From the opening sequences it become apparent that the author was an expert PTE worker!

Malcolm

Colin, Rick and Malcolm,

Thanks for the comments. Glad you enjoyed it.

Ken,

Aye it had - and still has - many uses.

Mickp,

As the voice-over said: a lot of trial and error.

To all readers of this topic: If any forum members live within easy reach of Whitby, there is an exhibition on in Whitby Museum until November about the alum industry. This AV is running as a continuous loop as part of that exhibition. Some of the stills photography on the display panels is also my work.

regards,

Peter

Peter,

My family and I will certainly look in at Whitby, I really like these kind of shows, especially about Yorkshire, thank you for sharing such a well produced sequence, Im sure it will be well recieved wherever it is shown.

Ralph

Well done Peter!

One more thing we learn today.

We look forward to the next lesson!

Seems to me alum was once use to treat cold sores in the mouth in the old days??? And was was created from urine you say!!! Hmm I would like to have the internet available to examine the makeup of medical ingredients back then...

Thanks for the lesson!

Dick