WnSoft Forums

Mask container INSIDE a mask container

Dear fellows PTE experts,

I must use a masked object inside (or "over", or "above"...) another masked object. I am using PTE 6.0.4.

My situation is:

1. First masked object: a window of a train, and through the window we see a moving landscape.

The mask is a white window, the object is the window itself, the landscape is placed under the mask container. Ok, everything runs ok.

2. But... all this is like a dream... or a vision...! So, I want to put all this INSIDE (or "above"...) clouds moving around!

3. If my first masked object was only a simple object, I would put it in a mask container, which mask could be the PTE rectangular mask with some 80% width of blur. Under this I would put my moving clouds. Result would run ok, the object surrounded by moving clouds.

4. Problem is that my object is already a masked object, and it is not possible to put it inside a mask container.

5. How to overpass such situation in order to get the requested result?

Thanks for your kind help.

Regards,

José

José,

I have only very limited experience with Masks but my understanding is that they work very much like Layer masks in Photoshop. So, I think all you need to do is put your clouds under the control of their mask and then place the two mask containers in the desired order in the Objects list by using Ctrl+PgUp/Ctrl+PgDown. You might need to make one of the masks a "negative", perhaps? (Use black where you would normally have white, and white where you would normally have black - just a thought)

regards,

Peter

Hi, Peter and DG

Thanks for your help, I have solved my problem using 2 "normal" mask containers one below the other. But...

I had to build myself a rectangular mask just like the PTE standard one, but a "negative" one, I mean, white borders, black center. And I could not use round corners because my software is ARCSOFT PHOTO STUDIO (not Photoshop)and I it is not possible to create the "dégradée" in round corners.

This rises me a question: could PTE introduce in one next update, "negative" standard masks (round and rectangular), just like the actual normal ones? I think that it should be a big improvement, don't you think?

Thanks again and regards,

Jose

Yes, the right word is in fact "possibility to invert" actual PTE masks.

So, in order that this can reach PTE authors, I suggest that a PTE Forum Moderator moves this topic to "Suggestions", ok?

Thanks.

Jose