WnSoft Forums

PicturestoExe slows then freezes [SOLVED]

MaryFurness

I have a brand new I7 fast computer with an NVideo GeForce 8400GS graphics card. I am running Windows 7.

My problem is that PTE 6.5.3 comes up beautifully. I do a couple of actions then it slows, taking over a second to move a picture position then it freezes. Task manager indicates that it is still running.

The only way I can get it to work is to turn windows Aero display to Windows Basic display.

Does anyone have any idea what is wrong?

I have a brand new I7 fast computer with an NVideo GeForce 8400GS graphics card. I am running Windows 7.

My problem is that PTE 6.5.3 comes up beautifully. I do a couple of actions then it slows, taking over a second to move a picture position then it freezes. Task manager indicates that it is still running.

The only way I can get it to work is to turn windows Aero display to Windows Basic display.

Does anyone have any idea what is wrong?

I have the same problem, which I reported a couple of weeks ago. I updated my driver and it did not provide the solution, so I too have resorted to using the Windows Basic display.

Ray,

Mary,

Please reply in that topic on my questions:

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12549

Thanks!

Brian,

Wikipedia says it's can has 2 to 6 cores:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_Core_i7

This problem is a mystery for me! I don't understand why this freezing happens only in Windows 7 (not in Vista) and only with Aero Glass interface. We've checked many times our code. If we make obvious mistakes DirectX informs us in debug mode.

I am not good at this

1 Yes I can run slideshows

2 It is 4 core.

I went to the PTE exe file and it suggested I set compatibility to XO or Vista.. I did this (to Vista). It then checked compatibility again and the words "Not compatible" came up.

It still froze so i set the dispalay to Windows Basic and it workks.

I will now try your solution - ie I will update to latest edition and let you know if it works with Aero.

Mary